Module A: Compartive Study of Texts and Context (1 Viewer)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Bnw/Blr was pretty easy in the end, nothing to dodgy about it at all. Considering it was my worst bit in the trials, i think i did really good in it, which is definately promising.

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
It was a VALUES essay...one that I feared before the exam and bang there it was in the exam room! I hope I did well in this section, I tried to insert some values >.<...went over time here!

cataleptic

HSC
Glad it's all over.

Cleaning out all my Advanced English stuff soon, from my room. Putting it in the 'to burn on book-burning-party night' stack.

English can lick my taint.

tabularasa

HSC
hmm i did some balues in practice essay. i forgot all my pardoners tuff i was confident before exams and then my mind went blank.

HSC
It was pretty straightforward! And an essay, I'm so pleased. And the best part is... ITS OVER!!!!!
never again, ever ever ever ever ever. no more. YES. so much for the theory they'd make this paper really hard... I mean, it was hard because it just is, but teh question was good

hobbsy4

Hardcore Member
HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Bnw/Blr was pretty easy in the end, nothing to dodgy about it at all. Considering it was my worst bit in the trials, i think i did really good in it, which is definately promising.
Yeah same, we got a really dodgy question in the trials, but the question in the HSC this morning was really good!

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
i almost owned this section ...... my hand cramped up and i died writing it..

was a bit of a prblem

LostAuzzie

HSC
Basically generic, I wrote about transforming the play to be better understood by the modern audience thus making ideas accessible, maintaining interest
And I related values to context. This was my best essay although it took me the longest (50min)

consty_87

HSC
I liked the question. It was all quite straight-forward, nothing unexpected here. Hamlet and RAGAD was easy enough to do, considering the values part of the question. :)

Pro Gamer

HSC
cataleptic said:
Glad it's all over.

Cleaning out all my Advanced English stuff soon, from my room. Putting it in the 'to burn on book-burning-party night' stack.

English can lick my taint.
haha exactly the same, the pile is pretty huge, can't wait.

Anu.Gasper

I dunno, but i thought the transformation q was so broad, u could related absolutely anything to it, so its hard 2 decide wats most important

Nadia-Jane

HSC
I thought the essay questions for each section in the exam were fairly straight forward, nothing unexpected.

If you had general essays and notes prepared then you should have been fairly sweet for each part. I did rosencrantz and guildenstern and found that my prepared essay was really easy to mould to the question.. same with frontline and cloudstreet. It was just a shame i spent way too long on transformations and cloudstreet and only left about 12 minutes for frontline and shitted it up. Otherwise i think most people will end up doing pretty well.

Nadia-Jane

HSC
Anu.Gasper said:
I dunno, but i thought the transformation q was so broad, u could related absolutely anything to it, so its hard 2 decide wats most important

Yeah that was one problem with it, i found it hard narrowing what was most important down so i tried to fit in pretty much everything i knew about transformations.. and that stuffed me up for time because i ended up spending around 55 minutes on it.
The good thing about it being broad is that your garanteed to get a fair number of marks (of coarse depending upon how it was written, etc aswell) for pretty much anything you wrote. I hate it when questions are too specific that way if you don't thoroughly know the shit that is related to the question then your screwed, whereas with this you could basically chuck in anything and say it was 'valued' in an older or more contemporary context ra ra.

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
did anyone think though, about the whole bit of "sustain interest" that it was weird for Hamlet and R&G? I didn't think that any of it sustained interest in the values rep'd in Hamlet... ? I said that it didn't sustain interest in the values, but developed them or some such thing (can't remember exactly)...

bonniejjj

HSC
carlzishere said:
did anyone think though, about the whole bit of "sustain interest" that it was weird for Hamlet and R&G? I didn't think that any of it sustained interest in the values rep'd in Hamlet... ? I said that it didn't sustain interest in the values, but developed them or some such thing (can't remember exactly)...
It was a little weird, yes. I thought it was a good question, but probably the harder of the three. I said that by inverting the structure of Hamlet R&G exposed the fallacy of Elizabethan values regarding the stage holding a mirror to life... and that by parodying the values in Hamlet, they were highlighted, interest thus sustained through polarities...

HSC
i am much happy wit dis question...
exactly what i studied and could incorporate the way
in which heckerling has transformed Austen's technqiues
into film...
pretty confident :)

just glad its over with

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yup I was extremely happy with this question!! Though really as Silvermoon once pointed out, the rubric was all that was needed, the question itself was really although superficially narrow, actually quite a broadly based question. All you needed to do was integrate that question into your pre-prepared notes or even for those who memorised an essay for this module!

Lmao, a friend of mine is currently enjoying a bonfire in his backyard burning his English books...lol, he was so excited that he accidentally burnt one of his school's borrowed books of King Lear the play itself, haha oh well, not that the school can do anything if you've lost your textbook now. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)