Module A - Elective 2: Crime Fiction (Essay) (1 Viewer)

LaurenB

HSC
I thought that the essay was pretty good actually...what was with the little text we were meant to start with though? i did include it it was just pretty cliched. Anyway i wrote 18 pages of good small writing so i'm pretty stoaked with it over all.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
yeh i thought it was OK the picture stumped me for the whole of the reading time and then a bit of the exam i was so mad. i wrote 12 and a bit pages but i wish i had more time, as it was i spent too long on it.... i probably did better in the first section tho now i think bout it.
wat wer ur related resourses??

tennille

HSC
I was glad that the creative writing didn't specifically tell you to write an interview or somehting. Very broad. The essay was pretty good.

julia_jules

HSC
N/A
the question was pretty good, pretty much what I was expecting
i wrote about 12 pages like Becca - wish I'd spent more time on this and then less for the creative though.

tennille

HSC
I wrote about the same amount. My creative writing was about 1 booklet and 3 pages.

mayhemily

HSC
yeah i uhh did like all of eight pages! but im pretty happy. Could've written all day on the topic because it was really broad but meh they can't expect miracles. And the pic thing didn't really stump me, I just wrote in the intro how the furrow-browed detective puzzling over a clue is one of the most recognisbale motifs of the cf genre etc etc etc. All in all, I thought it was better than previous hsc questions.

tennille

HSC
I didnt even mention the pic. I just said that crime fiction has changed from the original classical sub genre to the more mdern and realistic genre (that was referring to the pic but i didnt say "this pic"). I think that was used to inform the people that they had to write about a classical genre (maybe chronologically from classical to modern- idunno though).

gaeko

I dont think I incorporated the picture really well, I just mentioned briefly clues were a convention evident in all crime fiction, as seen by the visual text. I talked about the visual text twice in the whole essay. I hope thats alright.

~*~Karina~*~

I talked about the importance of clues and the detective in crime fiction, and said 'as can be seen in this picture' etc....I don't know if i related it enough, but I think I covered all the points fairly well...I could have done better, but too bad. It was good enough.

CraoPosaune

HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
I didnt even mention the pic. I just said that crime fiction has changed from the original classical sub genre to the more mdern and realistic genre (that was referring to the pic but i didnt say "this pic"). I think that was used to inform the people that they had to write about a classical genre (maybe chronologically from classical to modern- idunno though).

thats how i interpreted it, i didnt physically write "this pic", but i interpreted it as use the pic as a starting point, and my train of thought led to what i started with, i hope its enough., its not, but i hope it is!!!

I wrote about 13 pages, which im happy with. I did the essay first, and the creative writing second. halfway thru my creative writing i remembered an important point i forgot to make in my essay!!!! so i took a bit of time going back to do it!!!

Creative writing=cliched and bad :(

all in all prolly the best exam thus far.

Last edited:

pitted

HSC
N/A
the worse question :(

i know it really was pretty easy and i knew it was easy but i totally screwed it up so that kinda sucks...

i only wrote about 5 pages of small writing...im buggered

ah well

ciao

madferitmaiden

HSC
I thought the question was good and broad.
The diversity and appeal of crime fiction is something easy to talk about.
The picture was a good starting point, I said something like "the stereotypical detective in the visual image is instantly recognisable, communicative of the universal popularity of the genre .. however the genre has allowed for different types of detectives.. it goes beyond peering through a magnifying glass.." blah blah blah :uhhuh:

chocolatte

hey peeps,

Essay was broad n easy. Stuffed up the creative piece. More importantly dat was ma last test so yipeeeeee!!! Now the waiting game begins. Good luck to all still doing the HSC.

peace out

ReebaG

Questions were great, except for weird as picture which I contemplated "as my starting point" & then ignored. My creative was only 3 pages though..... oh well. But I was so relieved not to have to do 3 prescribed texts as my class & teacher decided only to look at the Big Sleep & Skull coz Real Inspector Hound was too confusing. Oh yeh, & I remembered my quotes, wooo!

I'm gonna miss my little class of 5.

HSC
yeah the picture struck me as pretty weird
i only linked it in through saying that the protagonist depicted from the classic crime fiction genre contrasted with Marlowe, achetypal of the hardboiled detective genre...
im not sure about my essay- it felt a little all over the place

Last edited:

scorpi0n

HSC
i didn't mind the picture, just mentioned it as being symbolic of the classic crime fiction convention of the sleuth detective or whatever...then went rambling on (for a good 15odd pages) about my pre-planned thesis on conventions and context. twas alright. stuffed up the creative though, was NOT talking enough about crappy universe lameness. but 12 pages of story should get me decent marks, im pretty sure im out of the 20-25 range for the story by default. meh.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Picture threw me but whilst writing creative section I decided how to do it, Did a fairly long winded (one page) introduction laying out ideas change of genre, evolution of convention enduring appeal etc etc and then just ripped into it.

Jems

hey guys
i thought overall it was an awesome paper...i agree about the picture, i kinda was like...what do u want me to say about it? and then i totally forgot to mention it at all..shit! do you reakon thats a problem, like a difference in bands or anything, i am so annoyed...but i wrote 19 pages and i hope that by the time they get to the end they would have forgotten that i didnt mention the pic...hehehe. fingers crossed.
anyway, good lukc with the rest...2 to go!! WOOHOO
have fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)