Module A- Gatsby and Browning (1 Viewer)

hjhj

HSC
hey everyone!

Just a quick question in relation to da Module A question on Gatsby and Browning and passion etc.

I interpreted it/ answered it as "the composers passion for an idea influenced the way they portrayed it in the text" and linked in how context influenced their "passion" e.g. Browning was passionate about the idea of hope and so she portrayed it as a positive influence/ placed value on it, while Fitzgerald was skeptical (no passion) and did not portray hope in a positive light...

Is this around about right? Or was it more to do with things like characters passion for each other/ love etc.

Any comments would be great!

Thanks!
:)

Talia95

HSC
N/A
My thesis was about how character's context influences their experiences of love and success. So I interpreted the question as the different contexts affected their different experiences of passion. Barrett-Browning's passion was for love, while Gatsby's was for both love and money, and talked about how the values/ morals of the time influenced whether experience was positive or negative. So pretty similar to yours, except didn't mention the composers much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)