Module A - In the Wild (1 Viewer)

haji

HSC
wat i wrote about was basically how the BR and bnw are social; criticisms of different contexts and they differentiate throught he techniques they employ, thus leading to contrasting depictions of man and nature. i said that:

Physical nature:
BNW; the condition meaningless of nature
BR; the irreversible destruction of the environment

then, about the social structure and its effect on the natural.g. emotions
BNW; man/nautral relations degarded due to the adoption of utalitarianist revolutions occuring in huxley's time
BR; man has opted for technology and the synethetic world over the natural one

i then said this has lead to the same result in both cases as placing man in the wild as his relationship with the natural world has been degraded and such. then when on to discuss the enigmatic nature of the wild is it natural or un-natural, then linked it back to the enigmatic nature of BR and BNW

im just happy its over, but im not happy that i got another 5 tests 2 go, and good luck 2 everybody

goosiegoo

HSC
Hahaha, for this one i read the question and i didn't seem to think i needed a plan written down, so i started writing and halfway through realised that it was all a bunch of ramble but it was too late to go back.
Let's hope it's good ramble.

I have troubles writing about the differences, i always seem to link it back to how they are similar. Sigh.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah I my approach was:
- differences in context
- difference in issues (natural environment and social/sexual interactions)
- difference in values relating to these issues

But I felt that my textual evidence, contextual evidence, and techniques were not strong, detailed nor concise enough to answer the quesiton properly at a band 6 level...noooooooo lol ah well.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
That was crap.

My essay plan was based more on similarities than differences. I basically still focused on the similar themes (eg natural environment, dehumanisation etc) but said that they were influenced by different context and they used different techniques to portray the idea.

It was all a bit sketchy though. I think i still managed to do ok.
yea thats what i did too different context and different techniques im not sure if its right it took me 5 minutes to think ideas! i wasn't prepared for differences stupid BOS!!!

HSC
Shrikar said:
Yeah, exactly, isn't it about the same thing after all. And I can't believe the arrogance of some people on the "general thoughts" thread saying it was "the easiest paper ever". What ever.
How is that arrogance?? People have different strengths and weaknesses...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
How is that arrogance?? People have different strengths and weaknesses...
Yeah, i liked the paper. :eek:

I'm not arrogant. :(

enzyme

HSC
I actually liked this question, although I did different texts to most of you. My school does Wordsworth's poetry and David Malouf's An Imaginary Life. My prepared essay was structured in three themes, which worried me when I saw we had to talk about TWO differences. I thought initially that maybe I'd have to just scrap one of my ideas... then I realised I'd have a lot less to actually write about. So I ended up merging my first two themes, because they were related to each other, but Wordsworth focused more on one, and Malouf on the other. It actually ended up working really well for me. There were similarities here and there that I talked about, but it IS a comparative study... so generally I'd talk about how the different contexts impacted on the composers' view of certain ideas, and this was where the differences lay.
And everything I'd planned was about the relationship between the individual and the natural world. Lucky me! Or maybe our texts were just more suited to this question.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I did:

-Difference in the role and value of the individual
-Difference in each society's interaction with nature

georgie.girl

HSC
I'm a Wordsworth/Malouf kid, and i did
- role of language
barrier between man and nature for Malouf, means of exploring nature for WW
and
- conception of time
linear for WW, cyclic for Malouf

then sort of crammed in everything else i could pretending that they were related to those two somehow

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
goosiegoo said:
Hahaha, for this one i read the question and i didn't seem to think i needed a plan written down, so i started writing and halfway through realised that it was all a bunch of ramble but it was too late to go back.
Let's hope it's good ramble.

I have troubles writing about the differences, i always seem to link it back to how they are similar. Sigh.
same lol. Screwed my structure up completely. If i'd actually taken the time to plan I think my essay would've been so much better. I learnt my lesson and I just did the mod his paper and actually stopped to think instead of rushing in.

all4gsus

HSC
well, let's just be thankful it's over eh?

i spent half my essay on the context, then realised id idn't have anything written about the differences (note, i had no notes prior to this exam, and only learnt the context the night before, as my teacher didnt' teach us... so i asked a friend. Oh, and the only structure i had was a previous essay i wrote... which i ddin't even understand, but i got good marks..?). so, i dont even know what i wrote. all i care about, is how i went. aiming for 80%. haha. so unrealistic.

but honestly, i think yeah, differences was a weird one, but it was always goign to be about similarities or differences, or somethign to do with nature and/or power. So, all in all, it was a pretty generic question... but it just meant a bit of modification to ur essay! i didn't think it was THAT bad... but then again, we'll see when we get our marks.... :S

HSC
My texts were brave new world and blade runner.

I answered mine in terms of how their contexts cause the composers to explore the same concepts in different ways suited to their audience and time.

One difference was their creation of a dystopic setting
The other was in terms of the concept of the loss of humanity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)