Module A - In the Wild (1 Viewer)

bjMaxx

'You have studied two texts composed at different times.
When you compared these texts and their contexts, how was your understanding of each text developed and reshaped?
Answer with reference to your study of IN THE WILD"

This was another great question. Very straight forward. I feel pretty damn confident with my response to this.

Chelle

I dont, my response was short, and i know that yes i added a fair amount of the right information, my response lacked the necessary long answer i think they expect from advanced students.

bjMaxx

how long was ur response?
i only filled 6 pages on each - i would have liked to have done a bit more, but time did not allow and my hand is KILLING ME!

Chelle

Mine was 5 and a half pages.. but i spent about 50mins on this section and still had to do the other two. I knew i would be pushing it for time so i ended it briefly with out going into huge detail with techniques.. thats why im so dissapointed with myself. For my other two responses i filled 7 pages each, and i know the feeling with your hand lol.

bjMaxx

i always have problems with time management, but today seemed ok - kept my eye on the clock.
i'd wish i could have written more - but i guess i said everything i felt i needed to say.
this exam needs to be 2.5 hours.
ancient 2morrow.... fuuuuuuck.

apollo

i churned out 8 pages, and it was all relevant to context shaping meaning, developing understanding of what's 'in the wild'... but i feel like i structured it badly.

anyway - i feel that the question was very straight forward, and i was suprised to see that it was not creative.

Chelle

same!! lol and then legal on friday!! - i better go study!!

I totally agree - i was fine with english paper 1, even though my time management was out of whack, but i am so happy with what i wrote for that. Paper 2 deffinately needs to be two and a half hours.

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
i did such a bad answer for this - i dont know why, i think i was just in the wrong frame of mind or something. it was very unstructured, i just tried to say as much as i could.
but.. my understanding wasn't reshaped? ... hmm..

Originally posted by bjMaxx
ancient 2morrow.... fuuuuuuck.
i agree - Ahhhhhhh!!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
churned out 4 pages, tried to be as succint as i could since i spent 8 pages on the other sections

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
the question was nice and broad but i suck at this module, so i'm not going to say i'm happy or confident. i'm just relieved cos they could have asked us to do a lot harder things than that.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I wrote 5.5 pages in about 55 minutes. I think I answered the question quite well but we definitely need more time:).

tempco

HSC
Loved the question. Straight forward, just like the practice essay I did last night! Wrote a booklet and I was happy with my handwriting :p

sandydee

i saw the question...and i smiled from ear to ear...
but then i started writing and i was like "ok...i think i should actually ANSWER the question now"....
There was just soooo much i wanted to write, but the time factor made me cut some things, which i think will make my mark suffer..

jizmiester

i wrote 15 pages. It was the best possible thing that could of happened! structure, ideas, context = YAY!! my 40mins was up so i had to stop...THANKYOU BoS!!!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I sooo don't understand how you people can fill a whole book + MORE in 40 mins...most I could manage was 6 pages for this module, the question was ok I guess, pretty general, but I didn't know what to say for how it has RESHAPED my understanding...meh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)