Module A Pride and Prej + LTA (1 Viewer)

HSC
How did everyone deal with the 'identity' aspect of the question?
I found it a bit weird, considering I was expecting a question about context and reshaped values etc.

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I talked about the identity of women and how it has developed over time.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
I talked about the devalued female identity in Regency England, and how Weldon reshapes the post-modern female identity. Also, the emerging 'identity' of the novel form in Austen's time, and Weldon's re-establishing of the canon as an 'identity' within the world of literature. :)

verokond

HSC
I talked about the changing identity of women in relation to marriage and then discussed Austen's identity as a part of the 'City of invention' and how we the 'visitors' gain insights and a greater appreciate of both Austen and her work, and the value that is derived from Literature for society.

HSC
okay thank god!
I thought I had misinterpreted the question!
Thanks guys

xxcc

HSC
female identity and the shift of gender expectations ^_^

bhsrepresent

HSC
I said that taken together, both texts call readers to embrace an imaginative identity rooted in authentic experience rather than social or logical 'prejudice'; "the beat of feeling" and not the "thorns of logic". Weldon's explicitly didactic philosophy becomes the realization of Austen's subtle romance and both texts act as complementary frameworks that urge moral enlightenment, social awareness and personal imagination. We learn to appreciate the power of explicit and implicit narrative and through Austen's escapism becoming Weldon's philosophy, we search for our own identity that stems from this imaginative process; from the "House of Imagination/City of Invention/Celestial City".

Gotta love Weldon's metaphors lmao

_BD

HSC
A question on identity was given a few years back and we had it as a practice question in class but Mod A (though probably easiest) was the one I completely bombed out on. Seriously, how do you go wrong when it's on the same stuff you've been doing all year? :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)