Module B - Elective 3: Retreat from the Global (Essay) (1 Viewer)

mugrug

glitterfairy said:
Was confused.

Still somewhat confused. I did soooo much better in Trials... *shudder*

I've never done an essay like that before. In retrospect I think the place and time thing means personal and historical context (which I covered moderately well) but the wording threw me off big-time.

Am still confused.

But oh well, it's over now! YAY!!!

Breaking down the barriers of place and time= Global communication (scientific paradigms) causing information (thus knowledge) to be instantly accessed byt the individula (eg, this forum.) Thus the traditional physical "boundaries" between cultures are broken down. I don't see why it was about personal and historical context unless you're referring to shifting paradigms?

Unicorn

HSC
ok the picture was crazy, it threw me sooo much!!!
i interpreted the imaginative piece of writing to be a straight creative and that stupid quote didnt fit with aything id prepared so i still went against the quote and brought it full circle coming to the conclusion that its not all about conforming to either group n u should rethink ur position on everyhting on always find a balance :confused:

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
did we have to actually make an explicit reference to the cartoon? i just kind of implied my references to it....like based my essay on the impact of globalisation and colonisation upon individuals and communities.....
After all it did just say use it as a starting point....
Still. i am scared.

Groagy

HSC
That picture completely threw me. I made only one reference to it at the start of my second paragraph and then completely disregarded it. Beyond that I thought the essay question was pretty dodgy and I mostly rambled a lot of crap and tried to make it relate to the boundaries of time and place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)