Module C - Elective 1: Acts of Reading and Writing (Essay) (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Question 10

'This cannot be said often enough: it is readers who make the book. A book unread is a story unlived. Writers have monumnetal responsiblities in the execution of their art, but readers also have great responsibilities. They have to make something valuable from their reading. Books are a dialogue between souls. All the untapped energies in the great novels should not lie coiled in hte pages in vain. All the agongy and effort that goes into initiating this dialogue between souls should not be in vain. The reader should bring the best in them selves to meet the best in the writer's work.'

Use this text as a starting point for an essay in which you evaluate the dynamics in reading and writing.

In your essay, draw on your knowledge and undestanding of TWO prescribed texts as weel as other texts of your own choosing.

Last edited:

heathrow

um..i'm pretty sure this elective exists seeing as i'm doing it. pretty interesting i must say and the questions were quite good actually :)

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
who are you?

i thought we were the only ones doin this modules, or are you in my class

fr0ggy

HSC
Hey zina and heather! it's ali here. wat did u think of the paper, since we're the only ones doing this?

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
well... for starters

our question sucked compared to the other modules because we got a block of text rather than a photo or picture. but the extract was very good and i referred to it heaps unlike some of the weirdo ones we get at school!

i didnt memorise an essay for this so i came up with what ot write in the exam... i did 4 related texts and 2 main texts - didnt get to do PW

for the creative, i did a feature article (hope thats imaginative enuf). the question was really broad, i mean "language is complext" well duh?! and "language is a virus"... rite

i think my creative was solid, but meandering hahahha... i ended up saying the weirdest things that did NOT make sense at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)