Module C - Elective 1: The Inst. & Indv. Experience (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
You have been invited to give a presentation to a youth forum on institutions in our society.

What do the texts you have studied have to say about the positive and/or negative effects of instituions?

Deliver your findings by refering to your prescribed text, and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

Last edited:

Egghead

HSC
This was a speech right? That's how I did it. 'You have been invited to give a PRESENTATION at a youth forum on institutions in our society'

Scanorama

HSC
I only spent 25 miuntes on it and didn't know it was a speech. However i used first and second person form such as I, you, we so hopefully it will make up the lost.

federal

HSC
Did it have to be a speech? they didnt specify and i saw the word presentation so i did a repot? i rekon if thats ok?

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I tried to make it into a speech... bah! It turned out to be more of an essay and once again I ran outta time :(

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
i did an essay
simple killed it... it was like the journey essay u had to talk about the themes which could have been rebbelion and other shit like that and discuss it through the techniques and at the end relate it back to the question by saying brett accepting the blame is a positive of the institution and blah blah.. get the point

i reckon it was a pick wat type u want and do it

xeriphic

lol did anyone else use gattaca as related material, half way through the speech I realised how his lastname "freeman" was ironic considering the situation he was in lol, wow you can learn so much in an exam

Gemstone

Federal said:
Did it have to be a speech? they didnt specify and i saw the word presentation so i did a repot? i rekon if thats ok?
Oh yes somebody else did this too. I thought a report too because of the word presentation. I hope it's alright I mean I presented my finding just as a report not a speech. It never said it was a speech so I don't think they can take marks of can they? Anyway good to know somebody else did the same thing I thought I was the only person who did and got really freaked out. So yeah glad to see others where confused about the text type too and I'm not the only one.

If they count a rreport as being a correct text type I think I did quiet well. I got everything I wanted in and did about 6-7 pages on it.

Gemma

zac_campbell

i think cause it said 'presentation' it left it pretty much open. so more then likely the markers would be told to mark a range of different responce types. afteral presentation means different things to different people.

definingemo

bonnells bay....but i say i live in newcastle
HSC
N/A
the question was:

You have been invited to give a *presentation* at a youth forum on institutions in our society.

What do the texts you have studied have to say about the positive and/or negative effects of institutions?

Deliver your findings by referring to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

*presentation can include a report or speech or any form of presentation

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
Time Limit

i thought that for 13 years of doing english stuff that a two hour exam ended it all...other than the short amount of time the exam was as expected...the questions were quiet broad and interpretable....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)