Module C: Representation and Text (1 Viewer)

*ccs*

i loved paper 2..

heyyy....i loved the whole exam....and the question on power play was mad...i was so happy witht the questions

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
the telling the truth was just a handy quote to add to a bit of a prepared essay, which was good. I wrote 13 pages, so I'm happy.

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Module C: Telling the truth (frontline) was too much. We could analyse all of our texts and we had to include TWO of our own. Too much for the time they gave us to do it in the detail they expect. It was too much to pull together.
Not really, you only had to do 2 frontline eps and two related. so 4 texts.

No way was it too much. I got thru okay, and so did every1 else in my class.

Last edited:

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Powerplay was great in the end, really. Nothing wrong about it at all.

Santah

HSC
The question for ted hughes was pretty good, I didn't have much trouble with it. I didn't really have 2 related texts though so i just used one of my journey related texts and then threw in some bullshit about "the green mile" movie.

tabularasa

HSC
hmm i wrote 3 eisode fopr frontlien and two related text, yet that is the one i wrote the least amoutn for. I think will all the qns it was ahout how well u manipulated your stuff to go with the question.

rissa_101

I didnt have any problems with the Telling the Truth (ted hughes) Question. But then again, module C has always been my better module! I wrote the most on this one and the least on transformations...hate that module!!

HSC
I really liked the question- you could do whatever you want with it. my "thesis" was pretty much the question anyway- and module c is always my absolute worst- like, barely b range in my assessments. haha i suppose that doesnt mean that i've done well though- but i was pretty happy with it

floerr

Anti-Mathmite said:
It said "your text" so it could be as many episodes as you liked, and TWO other texts. Too annoying, they should trap you in like people expect them too. It's quite disorienting when it's too ambiguous.

"your text" is defined as at least 2 frontline epsiodes...its just like in the area of study colerdige "your prescribed text" is at least 2 of the poems...
not that ambiguous it was pretty much like all the other essays ive done for telling the truth

consty_87

HSC
I did Ted Hughes too, and thought it was great. The quote was so easy to manipulate, so there was no problem about where to go with it. I'm a bit of a slow writer, but I think I covered it in enough detail.

lord chumpley

HSC
so, does anyone else think its a bit ridiculous for them to ask us to analyse at least two episodes of frontline, at LEAST two additional texts, plus have a decent intro and conclusion? all year, it's been 'write more, write in more detail, write more, write in more detail'...i honestly don't think that you can write about 4 texts plus tie them all together in 40 minutes in the detail that we're always told we should.

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
2 episodes of Frontine and 2 related texts was EXACTLY what I prepared for.

I was afraid they might ask for specific episodes, but I thought it was fine.

nwatts

HSC
Yes! The powerplay question was brilliant! I think I wrote the best powerplay essay I have all year!

Can't say the same for transformations though. *cries*

quilly

i hated module C, frontline is possibly the stupidist thung that has ever been created, thats nothing to say for the people behind the question.

HSC
for the frontline question, if they specified an episode it would have been the siege which is the easiest one of them all and the one you should have studied first in class...
pretty good question
was a bit rushed, i did it first and went overtime

yeah i had 2 related which was good

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
misery said:
2 episodes of Frontine and 2 related texts was EXACTLY what I prepared for.

I was afraid they might ask for specific episodes, but I thought it was fine.
Prepared as you had...
But ran out of time for this one =(
Though it was a good question...
What a shame

nedzelic

HSC
Frontline

I'd have to disagree
Frontline is possibly the most brilliant text in the whole english syllabus years k-12
Every person on Earth should be made to study it and then we would have a much better society. it teaches people to be critical and not to believ the abolsute bullshit on channel 9, 10 and 7. anyone who watches any of those networks' current affairs (or any current affairs program) or new programs is having a laugh and should top them selves -YOU'RE BEING CONNED
and with regards to the specific question; it was pretty good eh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)