More courses than degree required. (1 Viewer)

Superbox

HSC
Say for instance your degree requires 192 units and you completed it all. Can you complete more courses than required or are you force to graduate.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Say for instance your degree requires 192 units and you completed it all. Can you complete more courses than required or are you force to graduate.
Well when I read the section it said a minimum of *** credits. So one can logically assume you can do more

blyatman

HSC
N/A
It would probably depend on the school.

E.g. USYD forces you to graduate https://sydney.edu.au/students/graduation.html

However, You can still take more units even if this is the case: E.g. say you needed to take a particular core subject to graduate, then you can always keep taking other units and hold off on taking that final required subject until you want to graduate.

Not sure why you would want to stay back, but yeh you can if you want.

sida1049

HSC
It would probably depend on the school.

E.g. USYD forces you to graduate https://sydney.edu.au/students/graduation.html

However, You can still take more units even if this is the case: E.g. say you needed to take a particular core subject to graduate, then you can always keep taking other units and hold off on taking that final required subject until you want to graduate.

Not sure why you would want to stay back, but yeh you can if you want.
Yeah, I ended up dropping my (HD average) Arts degree because of this issue. Apparently the reasoning was that taking more units than necessary introduces complications with your commonwealth-supported place, and USYD circumvents this potential complication by avoiding it all together.

So in general, even if a uni permits taking more units than necessary, it's a rather intricate issue and students may end up paying the (magnitudes higher) non-subsidised fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)