Motors & Generators Prac (1 Viewer)

h_g

HSC
N/A
Hey does anyone have notes or an experiment write up for this prac?

You will be required to plan and perform a first-hand investigation to predict and verify the effect on a generated electric current when:

- The distance between the coil and magnet is varied

- The strength of the magnet is varied

- The relative motion between the magnet and coil is varied.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Try making your own experiment for this. Remember to have only one independent variable (only one thing that you change at a time) to verify the predictions you make.

For example, maybe write up a simple experiment on moving a magnet around a solenoid. The first one is easy. Set a particular distance for the magnet away from the solenoid and move it at a constant velocity and rate.

For the second one, use the same distance, same velocity, but two different magnets one at a time.

For the third one, use the same distance, same magnet, but try it with different velocities at a a time.

You should be recording your data via an ammeter, galvanometer (if you want to go retro!), etc. Voltage is the dependent variable.

Usually with a question like this in an exam, it will ask for a prac that can deliver all three. Make sure you note down that you only change one variable at a time during the test, repeat the tests multiple times to obtain more reliable results, etc.

h_g

HSC
N/A
Thanks all the experiments are done and the writeup is needed for the theory, can anyone explain how the prac is linked to Lenz's law?

h_g

HSC
N/A
As the distance is increased the strength of the magnetic field decreases thus less current is induced.

how can i make this third person passive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)