Moving from Sydney to Wollonong (1 Viewer)

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
dawso said:
or dapto, one of my mates from uni moved down from coffs harbour and lived there cause it was amazingly cheap.....after his car got broken in2 3 times in a month, they moved in2 a place with a garage, then their windows got smashed and mailbox blown up.....he then planned 2 move to the gong......well i now havent seen him back this session.....apparently he dropped out of uni, quit his cadetship at bluescope and is back up in coffs picking bananas>?
Dapto'll do that to a person.

princessrach

HSC
It depends where your moving to.

I moved in with a family in Farmborough Heights last semester as a nanny during the evenings for their 10 year old son and it was great to be closer to uni but I got more work done living in Sydney.

I would suggest that if your living on campus then you should go for it - campus life is great and you get the social life but also the study time you need.

If your moving into a share house, make sure the people you live with are study conscious. Its better to live with the smart, 'nerdy' type than with the party animals because you can go out to party but its hard getting kicked out to study!

If your living in southern sydney - dont even bother moving! You can either train it or carpool - theres billions of people to carpool with in the area! Including me! We have 4 people driving so at the mo so we pretty much drive one day a week each and when we get a 5th it will be even better!

Hope I could help! Let me know if you have any questions!

mynamesmaddie

HSC
Musegirl said:
Just don't stay at Port Kembla, Warrawong, Cringila or Berkely. Take that advice, and you'll be sweeet. ;)
hey for starters you spelt Berkeley wrong, and I live there. There is not anything wrong with it plus have you checked out the beaches and scenery at Port?? You'd be mad to think it's crap

mynamesmaddie

HSC
Wolfowitz said:
I'd also add Tom (DTC)'s post on the poor kids at the Gong Maccas.

"Our mum and dads are at home having pot and making sex."
i second the poor kids at gong maccas because that would be me; if i have to take anymore shit from over confident pricks who have nothing better to do on their saturday nights that hang in a maccas car park, i will slit my wrists. :p

redman827

HSC
dawso said:
or dapto, one of my mates from uni moved down from coffs harbour and lived there cause it was amazingly cheap.....after his car got broken in2 3 times in a month, they moved in2 a place with a garage, then their windows got smashed and mailbox blown up.....he then planned 2 move to the gong......well i now havent seen him back this session.....apparently he dropped out of uni, quit his cadetship at bluescope and is back up in coffs picking bananas>?

dapto is the best place there are hardly ever any peoples mail boxes getting blown up he probobly deserved it,

many-eyeshere

HSC
I have to commute everyday from Peakhurst Sydney :(.

Anyone doing a car pooling thing?

Trains I'm fine with, it's just everyday on the same train for an hour and a half ... a little overwhelming for me:p!

Eh I'm a whiner.

But yes car pooling anyone? Or anyone going to rent down at the 'Gong?

johnsmith555

HSC
N/A
ME, i''ll be commuting from pennant hills station each day (2 hours) wnna meet at like central station and go together from there each day?

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
How far is Wollongong from Sydney? Isn't is a clean suburb? Oh God, noooo I'm planning to go there. *nervous*

gpoleweski

HSC
I'm thinking of moving down there next year too, with a friend.

There anything bad with the town we should know about? :p cos it all looks really nice.

HSC
Don't walk into Puckeys estate :)
That's all.
LOL, not late at night at least. unless he swings that way.

it's a nice place to live but when it comes to social life, it's a bit limiting. if you like to go out and just hang out/chat with friends, there's no real place to do that in town (in terms of clubs, that is, it's fine if you can afford to go to restaurants all the time). unless you like skanks or seedy old men, in which case town is the perfect place (especially glassy/illawarra for the former, oxford for the latter).

and everybody knows everybody through someone, it's like the biggest small town there is.

spazamataz

HSC
LOL, not late at night at least. unless he swings that way.

it's a nice place to live but when it comes to social life, it's a bit limiting. if you like to go out and just hang out/chat with friends, there's no real place to do that in town (in terms of clubs, that is, it's fine if you can afford to go to restaurants all the time). unless you like skanks or seedy old men, in which case town is the perfect place (especially glassy/illawarra for the former, oxford for the latter).

and everybody knows everybody through someone, it's like the biggest small town there is.
Although, just sitting in the outdoor bit at North gong is nice, we always go there, and i always meet someone new there! :)

HSC
Although, just sitting in the outdoor bit at North gong is nice, we always go there, and i always meet someone new there! :)
every time i go to north gong it's shit. but i guess that's cause only three people ever go out of our entire group lol, i will concede that it could be considered 'decent' compared to most places in wollongong. best place is lobby bar at the novotel, shame it's so expensive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)