Moving Schools (1 Viewer)

blu boi

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm in yr10 and moving schools next year. The school I'm moving to is significantly higher ranked than my current school (roughly 80 difference in rank), and I'm abit scared of what is to come. Does anyone have any tips or pointers about transfering schools they could share with me?
Thanks. :smile:

joboroto

HSC
Hi! I moved schools last year in September, I was in year 9. It's different for you I guess because moving in year 11 is more complicated than year 9 haha. My general tip would be to keep an open mind, maybe their style if learning is different, and you need to be able to adapt to that - especially because your school that you'll be moving to is ranked higher. It's normal to feel nervous just don't let that affect you or your studies in year 11! Hope this helped :)

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I moved schools in Year 7 to a pretty good school, was probably the best decision my parents made for me. I had no idea I was changing schools and I was at first pretty annoyed that I had to 'restart' everything.

Since your moving in Year 10 I'd definitely recommend focusing on your academics as much as you can to settle in quickly and just let everything else sort itself out (friends, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)