3 B
4 A
5 A
6 B
7 D
8 A
9 D
10 B

Is this the same as what you got? post ur answers plz.

Pogmahaugn

i cant find the sheet anymore...

but the ones i found hard and had a bit of a guess were the reasons for the growth of new age religion, and the only about why the catholic church was now the largest....

neesha

Originally posted by Pogmahaugn
i cant find the sheet anymore...

but the ones i found hard and had a bit of a guess were the reasons for the growth of new age religion, and the only about why the catholic church was now the largest....
catholic church- i put immigration cuz heaps of ppl from Vietnam migrated here and were catholic..it's prolly wrong!!!

NEW AGE- i sed individualism...?! i hope that's right, i doubt it! LoL

wog10

yeh it is because it cant be immigration that only relates to why CHRISTIANITY is the largest but it asked for a specific denomination in being CATHOLIC thus its denominational switching.
also the new1 your multiple choice is right except for q 2 is B because white australia policy was erased in 1972 and in the living in religion textbook on pag2 304 it shows a table of orthodox increasing and its in the 70s

Pogmahaugn

i said both the same things....but i think the new age one in particular is wrong, someone told me the teacher said it was option d 'personal destiny' or some shit

wog10

oh shit sorry thats rong to lol i had 10 as well becoz new age religions is a quest for self enlightenment

neesha

damn, and i thawt M/C was good?! OBVIOUSLY NOT!! lol

i put 60s 4 orthodox cuz that's just after WWII when there was heaps of immigration...ah shit!

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
This is what i got, as far as i remember:
1 C (took a guess, knew it was either C or D, and C sounded more legit)
2 B (Another guess, and apparently it IS B)
3 B
4 A
5 A
6 B
7 D
8 A
9 D
10 B (I think)

can someone confirm 1, cos thats the only one i'm not too sure of

psycho_mushy

HSC
so anyone got a set of proper answers?

mine are:

1D
2A
3A
4A
5B
6B
7A
8A
9D
10B

albinomonkey

2003 Survivor
HSC
I got:

1D
2B
3B
4A
5C (it says in my text that denom. switching is only really between anglican/Protestants)
6B
7D
8A
9D
10B

Still 2 exams to go.... :mad:

swordfish

i think 5 is C too. The catholic church doesn't gain from denominational switching. The Pentecostal church does. Heaps of immigrants have been Catholic, e.g. European migrants from places like Italy, and Vietnamese refugees after the Vietnam war.
My answers were:
1. D
2. A
3. B
4. A
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. A
9.D
10. B

wog10

so? denominational switching doesnt mean specifically anglican and protestant it means wat it says switching-denominations! if the answer was increased immigration the question woud have to been something from the seventies and how religions have diversified. but its asking from 86 and onwards and is also asking a specific denomination

ace

is retired
HSC
Question 2 can't be b, only A, just look at the textbook

If you look in the Living in Religion book (the orange one from Longman not the blue one), Question 2 would not be b, it would be a. Just look at the table.

If you look at the table it would be more precise to have the 1950's yet, that isn't there, so the difference would of carried upon to the 60's.

60's --> 2 points difference in percentages
70's --> 0.5 points difference in percentages

so question 2 (for multiple choice ) would be A , not b.
(look at my later reply it explains any further doubts from another textbook refernce, i think its on pg 2 now)

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
Also for question 5, I doubt quite highly that it is a. It seems only comprehendable that it is C.

This is because it says Catholic Church becoming the largest, not Christainity alone.

Denominantional switching refers to Protestants and Anglicans, and those number revolve within those denominations and the Catholic Church is not on the receiving end.

Increased immigration. After the 70's and the Vietnam War alot of Asian background people migrated to Australia. They brought with them there beliefs, aka buddhism, chinese, etc. But a large majority would of been Catholic. AKA Phillipines is over 90% Catholic.

Thus the only plausible answer would be been C.
(As it is the only one that fits in with the situation of the question)

wog10

ahh mate the living in religion 2nd edition the blue green turquoise wateva color these r the stats
orthodox %
1954 0.8
1961 1.5
1971 2.6
1976 2.7

ace

is retired
HSC
I think people are stupid at maths or something.

Lets see from wog10, you said these were the statistics from the living in religion 2nd edition the blue green turquoise color book
orthodox %
1954 0.8
1961 1.5
1971 2.6
1976 2.7

The differences would of been then in the 60's rose by 1.1% into the first year of the 70's
In the 70's rose 0.1% in 5 years, during the 70's.

Therefore the greatest incease would be in the 60's, higher difference rates.
People you look at the difference the decade made, not the damn numbers by themselves, since the question asked what DECADE made the greatest increase, not what year had the highest percentage.

So Question 2 is A

-----------------------------------------------

More data to support A

(my other post above (look 2/3 up) support this, with stats from yet another textbook.

-----------------------------------------------

Man people are arguing before they think, seriously

Last edited:

mememe

question 1 was (d) Smoking ceremony as kinship is a system of relationships so it has little to do with religion and couldnt really be given a place on "worship" in Christianity.

I thought Question 5 was Immigration, as a HELLOVA lot of countries with catholics in them immigrated around that time. Of corse immigration has been occuring since the ending of the white australia policy wogdude, but obviously it took right up until 1986 for the numbers to increase ENOUGH to tip the balance so catholics were the largest.

Anyone have a safe answer for 10? I thought (b) but it could've been (d)... ???

Leon585

HSC
man i think as much as i hate to admit(since i did it wrong as well) wog boy is right, because you guys forget that denominational switiching while it might not have added to catholic numbers, it took away from the amount of anglicans, which meant that even if caths were slowly growing anglicans were experiencing negative growth... well thats my two sense heres too hoping im wrong... oh does anyone do religious rites, who fecking thought that question one A was messed up ???

psycho_mushy

HSC
u guys are num bums....

Christian "denomination" which can be refused to Christian "variants".. variants meaning protestant, uniting e.t.c

so.... in the many christian variants, the catholic church prevailed and had more numbers through "ecumenical developments" because ecumenical only means within the christian variants/denomination.....

IT IS VERY OBVIOUSLY B!!!!

it says "Christian denomations which means Christian variants"

in other words the question could ask, "why is the catholic church the largest christian variant after 1986?"

beacuse of friggin ecumenical developments....

immigration occurred heavily during, 1973/5 after vietnam and the end of the WAP... so how the hell can it be in 1986?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)