Multiple choice answers (2 Viewers)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
For that Sun, Earth and Moon question... The Moon's force does change if the Earth comes between it and the Sun (it's attracted to the Earth etc), but the attractive force DUE TO THE SUN does NOT change.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lol MC was hard and tricky
But the correct answer seem to be
C A C D C A C C A B B D B C A
Pretty certain that's it

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
according to this, i got 10/15, which im relatively content with

maybe im over analysing this, but:

13. i said A because the presence of these cooper pairs necessitates a lack of lattice vibrations. so essentially, it is the lack of lattice vibrations which result in the cooper pairs, thus resulting in superconductivity
I think that in super conductivity, the low temperature REDUCES lattice vibrations to a bare minimum, but doesn't mean there are -no- lattice vibrations.

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
I think that in super conductivity, the low temperature REDUCES lattice vibrations to a bare minimum, but doesn't mean there are -no- lattice vibrations.
Yeah you're right. Plus, there are still lattice distortions due to the BCS theory :)

and...

Baha, epic we got a sticky.

Ragib

HSC
I am somewhat surprised no one has mentioned the ambiguity of the first question. I find it very ironic that the spend a chunk of the Space module teaching us how concepts of speed and velocity are relative and depend on ones frame of reference, then give us the first multiple choice question without telling us the frame of reference. Most people seem to have put the "obvious" answer from some external frame of reference, but from the frame of reference of the planet the speed of the swinging by mass actually remains the same.

boganxcore

HSC
I am somewhat surprised no one has mentioned the ambiguity of the first question. I find it very ironic that the spend a chunk of the Space module teaching us how concepts of speed and velocity are relative and depend on ones frame of reference, then give us the first multiple choice question without telling us the frame of reference. Most people seem to have put the "obvious" answer from some external frame of reference, but from the frame of reference of the planet the speed of the swinging by mass actually remains the same.
yeah that is so true. the answer really depended on whether the spaceship was relative to the planet or relative to the sun. i just went with relative to the sun and said both values changed.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
but from the frame of reference of the planet the speed of the swinging by mass actually remains the same.
Wasn't the question whether the accel or speed changes?

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Actually I took it relative to the planet and said speed stays constant
Prob wrong since everyone says that the speed changes but lol...

ADF1992

HSC
dude, the speed changes in both references if u want to put it that way. it didnt give u an exact change in speed so therefore it appears to change no matter of reference. and obviously direction changes no matter where u look from..

jakennecon

HSC
Here were my answers:

1 - B (this question seemed to be hinting at the slingshot effect)
2 - A
3 - C
4 - D
5 - C
6 - A
7 - C
8 - C
9 - A
10 - B
11 - B
12 - D
13 - B
14 - C
15 - A

I think those should all be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)