Multiple Choice Q3 (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Did everyone get Unitary for multiple choice question 3? Read the question properly - it was a trick one. A lot of people I know put Radical....

superbird

HSC
actually you're wrong. the answer is indeed radical not unitary. remember its talking from an employees perspective. radical refers to the imbalance of power which is what the question infers.

Acid

HSC
Radical perspective is when you think that conflict is inevitable right? So if the employees had a radical perspective they wouldn't interpret action taken by management as being to "increase its own power and to exploit workers", they would would interpret it as being completely normal.

They have a unitary perspective because they think employees and employers have to work together and that's why they think conflict is bad...

G

Gavvvvvin

Acid said:
Radical perspective is when you think that conflict is inevitable right? So if the employees had a radical perspective they wouldn't interpret action taken by management as being to "increase its own power and to exploit workers", they would would interpret it as being completely normal.

They have a unitary perspective because they think employees and employers have to work together and that's why they think conflict is bad...
Hmmm I see where your coming from . . .

ae

HSC
radical is conflict because of social-class diference.
pluralist is the when conflict is inevitable.
thus, racial is best answer.

superbird

HSC
the conflict is inevitable one is the "Human relations view", not unitary

Acid

HSC
I will give $100 to everyone on the forum if i'm wrong...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i put radical then changed it to unitary! i got i wrong now! lol daym my prediction of 80/100 haz just dropped to 73/100!

Acid

HSC
superbird said:
the conflict is inevitable one is the "Human relations view", not unitary
Look at the bloody syllabus there are only 3 perspectives on conflict...radical, unitary and pluralist...

ae

HSC
Acid said:
Look at the bloody syllabus there are only 3 perspectives on conflict...radical, unitary and pluralist...
i think you mixing up pluralist & radical...

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Acid said:
Radical perspective is when you think that conflict is inevitable right?
Isn't that Pluralist? i'm just looking in my book..

Pluralist - which accepts the inevitability of conflict because it recognises that within organisations there will be a variety of groups with divergent interests, objects, aspirations, loyalties and attachments.

Unitary - which assums that each work organisation is an integrated entity with a common purpose or goal. Industrial relations is seen as being based on mutual cooperation and a common object of both employers and employees is the efficient function of the organisation.

Radical - which recognises fundamental and inherent conflicts of interests between workesr and employers at the workplace. They see worker-management relations as one aspect of class relations where there is antagonism of interests between capital (the property owning class) and labour (the working class) finding expression of the class conflict in capitalist society.

Last edited:

Acid

HSC
Read the question again and call the advice line.. just think about it..

superbird

HSC
Unitary means a view that the business is seen as a unit. So if one disputes it is shown as disloyalty. Look at the question again as clearly it says nothing about disloyalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)