Multiple Choice Solutions (1 Viewer)

NotCricket

HSC
Hi,

Here are the answers for the multi's. Ask me if you want any clarification.

1: A
2: B
3: D
4: B
5: C
6: C
7: B
8: C
9: D
10: A
11: D
12: B
13: D
14: A
15: A
16: C
17: D
18: A
19: B
20: C

I'm almost certain these are all correct, but obviously open to any well explained corrections.

Last edited:

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Here are the answers for the multi's. Ask me if you want any clarification.

1: A
2: B
3: D
4: B
5: C
6: C
7: A
8: C
9: D
10: A
11: D
12: B
13: D
14: A
15: A
16: C
17: D
18: A
19: B
20: C

I'm almost certain these are all correct, but obviously open to any well explained corrections.
I doth contest your answer for Q7

What is your reasoning?

mreditor16

HSC
I'm having a go at them myself right now. What was your logic for Q7? Just want to clarify with another person...

NotCricket

HSC
NAIRU eliminates all unemployment save for hidden and structural. Hence an increase in labour market flexibility would increase participation/encourage workers, taking hidden workers and putting them into the labour market which is saturated, raising unemployment. I think!

dim-sims

HSC
:S I can't believe I screwed up 10. I don't know what I was bloody thinking.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I considered 7B

If UE is on the NAIRU, UE is free from cyclical UE. Therefore any attempt to increase labour market flexibility will reduce structural/frictional and therefore UE. Hence, B or D

I selected B because increased labour market flexibility would allow some demographics groups, like young mothers, the ability to participate. therefore participation rate increases, therefore B

mreditor16

HSC
Cleavage, do you agree with the rest of OP's answers? I'm just doing some cross-checking :)

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
NAIRU eliminates all unemployment save for hidden and structural. Hence an increase in labour market flexibility would increase participation/encourage workers, taking hidden workers and putting them into the labour market which is saturated, raising unemployment. I think!
Contentious stuff ahahah we got the complete opposite

Apart from that, we got the same MC answers, I had mine checked over by my teacher and in her incredibly brief look, she said she didn't find anything incorrect

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I considered 7B

If UE is on the NAIRU, UE is free from cyclical UE. Therefore any attempt to increase labour market flexibility will reduce structural/frictional and therefore UE. Hence, B or D

I selected B because increased labour market flexibility would allow some demographics groups, like young mothers, the ability to participate. therefore participation rate increases, therefore B
I agree with this. Flexibility would mean that more people from the hidden unemployed bracket will re-enter the work force seeking work due to the fact that their skills may have some sort of use now.

NotCricket

HSC
I considered 7B

NAIRU includes the elimination of frictional unemployment. It can't be D - the participatino rate won't decrease.

I believe that if you increase participation (young mothers) in a saturated labour market, they can't find work -> increasing U/E.

But you could definitely be right!

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
According to Independent Paper 2013 NAIRU and Natural Rate of Unemployment are not the same thing and are often mistaken for eachother.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
NAIRU includes the elimination of frictional unemployment. It can't be D - the participatino rate won't decrease.

I believe that if you increase participation (young mothers) in a saturated labour market, they can't find work -> increasing U/E.

But you could definitely be right!
I think its a bit of a dodgy question more than anything, belongs in an independent trial paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)