Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Seanus1123

HSC
multiple choice answers

not sure if correct, and can't be arsed finding out.
D C D B C A B A D A

What were yours?

**BORED**

out calls only
HSC
1. A
2. C
3. D
4. B
5. B
6. A
7. B
8. A
9. C *
10. A

except for 9. im pretty confident

indeecent

yeah he is right... 1 isnt blow moulded
i had
1. c (think is right, none of the others work, u dont blow mould anything but cups n bottles)
2. c (right using formula, f = 0.5 x 200)
3. d (only one i thought possible)
4. b (its not the others and this is what is required)
5. c (this one was not a,b, or d, due to the difference in area by 4 per cylinder, meaning 8 total)
6. a (right)
7. b (thought this cuz the question was about supply grid)
8. a ( i think is right, physics dont fail me now)
9. c (not sure)
10. b (right, the sum of moments goes 1x1 - 3x3 = 0; hence its 8kNm clockwise)

tell me whats right n not, and prove me wrong

i thought it was a fkn easy exam

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
thought id post up my MC answers aswell
A C D B B A B A D B
for q1 i took a jab at it cause theres a sorta lip around the whole helmet which made me think it was blow moulding

gavmen

HSC
btw for question 7 i thought the answer was D because for hydro electrictiy it is more efficient than all the other methods because its source, the water, is pushed by gravity though pipes (sometimes thinner to increase pressure) to turn a turbine where as all the other forms of electricity require the heating of water (excluding wind power) i.e. power loss in the process of transforming heat energy to electrical energy vs pressure from water => electrical energy. hence are more efficient.

i disagreed with B which was to quickly supply energy when required, due to the fact that Hydro electric energy is quite scarce and that its energy produced couldnt spike enough to provide energy at a high enough rate to feed the load, but i remember somewhere on a snowy mountains trip to the hydro dams where they said they could turn on back up turbines to increase energy output... but it cant produce that much..... the highest amount of hydro dams is in china or something and its only 10-20% of their overall power usage

cheers

gav

indeecent

u do realise most of south nsw's and north vic's power comes from the snowy river scheme yeah? and read the question, its not about how its made, its about why its used for POWER GRIDS, meaning it would have to have something to do about supply and demand

and check ur moment calculations for 10, its -8kn in anticlockwise, check it, the pivot point is the wall, so its 1kN x 1m - 3m x 3kN, which means in clockwise its +8, and theres only one answer that has that

question 7 is "Why is hydro-electric power generation useful as a component of an ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY GRID?" people, watch your keywords...

gavmen

HSC
10% of NSW electricity is produced by the Snowy Mountains Hydro Electric Scheme
http://www.greenpeace.org.au/climate/solutions/renewables/hydro.html

mmm 10% = most

so does 10% = your score = most?

and an electrical power supply grid is SUPPLIED by the source i.e. hydro electricity which is more efficient for the reasons stated above

however
supply and demand dictates that it is indeed true that the hydro electric dam can produce an extra 10%~ on short notice by turning on the emergency turbines

so before you go blasting on with your ignorant and mislead comments please do yourself a favour and do some research

cheers

gav

SDuke

HSC
For question 7 i was tossing btw C and D.

A - u dont really know, depends really on the infrastructure

B - relatively quickly? relative to what? I havent done any research but i thought it would take a long time to turn it on and off for hydro power.

Though i have to admit, this years MC was much easier than last yrs.

MrDevil2U

HSC
N/A
injection moulding

I thought Q1 was c - injection moulding - you can see the injection point on top

mattplaysguitar

HSC
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UR R RIGHT!! i saw that as well and thought instantly what it was, those other dumb people, its so bloody obvious, that really was a free mark that question

nayf

SDuke said:
For question 7 i was tossing btw C and D.

A - u dont really know, depends really on the infrastructure

B - relatively quickly? relative to what? I havent done any research but i thought it would take a long time to turn it on and off for hydro power.

Though i have to admit, this years MC was much easier than last yrs.
yeh i said it could easily be turned on and off when energy is in demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)