Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Obscure, bizarre questions (orientation of lamination? 'dopant band'? Not in any textbooks I've seen) designed to confuse us with words. Slightly more physics here than in the core section, though.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
Well, I dont know how right they are but here are my answers...

1. A
2. D
3. B
4. D
5. B
6. B
7. D
8. C
9. C
10. B
11. B
12. A
13. A
14. B
15. D (didn't have much idea for this one)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
heres my answers:

1. A (cant be C because only the vertical velocity component is 0 at the top)
2. D
3. B
4. A (not sure, but don't orbits which have a bigger radius are slower ... eg geostationary has smaller velocity than low earth)
5. B
6. B (I think it could be D.)
7. A (i did the right hand rule by my friend says D and shes good)
8. A (Battery produces DC current so no current will be induced in the secondary wire)
9. C (i thought if the circuit is not complete current will not be induced.. but i think B is the right answer casue there is still some current incuded)
10. B (not sure, it just looked the best)
11. B
12. A (but my friend says plank only hypothosised it and it was einstien that explained)
13. C (i donno if the dope level is close if its a valence 5 or 3... so it could be A)
14. B
15. A

pearso15

pearso
HSC
Homercles said:
It's that sort of realism that the paper was completely lacking in. Reliability of information! It was like a bloody history paper!
tell me bout it i hate history y do they do this!!! We do completed the physics course not a bloody history course!!! SO ANGRY:mad:

Bokky

HSC
i dont think 6 is B, thickness of the wire affects the amount of current produced for sure. I recon its D, coz why does it matter which direction its oriented?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Bokky said:
i dont think 6 is B, thickness of the wire affects the amount of current produced for sure. I recon its D, coz why does it matter which direction its oriented?
most ppl picked D so ur probably right..
but i thought its B because if u change the way a wire is turned in a magnetic filed to be eg paralell to the field instead of perpendicular.. no force will be applied. So it will effect the current from some carrent to no current ?

Broodchuck

HSC
1. C (how can it be A or B? If A is changing, then there has to be acceleration [or deceleration] and if B is changing then A must be right too)
2. D
3. B
4. A (has to be as the formula is v = square root (GM/r). Therefore for V to be halved r has to double.
5. B
6. B (definately not D as the coil must be in a magnetic field for the current to be induced and therefore the only other option is B)
7. D
8. D (someone said above that it was connected to a DC power supply... how do you know?)
9. A (P will definately fall first, but then Q BECAUSE Q is a circuit in which a current will be induced which will give rise to a magnetic field that will repulse the one produced by the magnet and hence it will fall faster than R which is not a complete circuit).
10. B
11. B
12. A
13. A
14. B
15. D (this is how they make dry cell batteries).

Bokky

HSC
6. B (definately not D as the coil must be in a magnetic field for the current to be induced and therefore the only other option is B)
wat do u mean coil must be in a magnetic field for the current to be induced? it doesnt matter which way the freaken wire is oriented! :rolleyes: were looking at a circuit connected to a galvanometer being held by what looks to me like 2 physics-exam writers edited into cartoon form....kill them!!...just kidding :p

Kashaaz

HSC
To induce a current in a conductor, there must be a magnetic field perpendicular to the conductor. Its the basis of motors and generators, therefore if the wire is n/s or e/w one way will induce a current, the other orientation wont.

Famine

HSC
Hardest multiple choice questions Ive seen in an exam! Why couldnt they be as easy as last years :(

LostAuzzie

HSC
Bokky said:
Because the current is flowing due to interaction with the Earth's magnetic field and thus must be oriented to move perpendicular to this field, thus it is aligned east-west

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Broodchuck said:
1. C (how can it be A or B? If A is changing, then there has to be acceleration [or deceleration] and if B is changing then A must be right too)

8. D (someone said above that it was connected to a DC power supply... how do you know?)
9. A (P will definately fall first, but then Q BECAUSE Q is a circuit in which a current will be induced which will give rise to a magnetic field that will repulse the one produced by the magnet and hence it will fall faster than R which is not a complete circuit).

1. C is wrong because you are thinking about vertical velocity being 0 however at the top there is still horisontal velocity
if you did 3unit maths this would be a very easy concept to understand.
and ofcourse the velocity is always changing so its A.

8. battaries only work on DC current... have you ever seen a AC battary? It doesn't even make sense..

anyways u picked D which is again definatly wrong (because the graph u are thinking of is VOLTAGE VS TIME not CURRENT VS TIME) and B and C cannot be corret because we were not given enough information about the resistor (even though it wasnt even needed if u knew battaries are DC)

9. it could be B but definatly not A... Q will NEVER fall before R

dipis

HSC
Hey, wouldnt Q5 be C because the max range is 45 then the same range is achieved by angles that are complimentary. So shooting higher in the sky would make it stay up longer

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
dippy24 said:
Hey, wouldnt Q5 be C because the max range is 45 then the same range is achieved by angles that are complimentary. So shooting higher in the sky would make it stay up longer
no no

time will be the same for 40 degrees and 50 degrees cause they are similar but range will differ.

Imagine it ... throwing something at like 89 degrees will have hardly any range... so its B. shorter range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)