Music Composition (1 Viewer)

dragoncore

HSC
Hey don't know if im writing this in the right place...

but anyway, just started year 12 and need to make composition for my topic Music for film, tv, radio and multimedia. The composition has to be based around that topic. So can i just make any song I want basically?

bored of sc

HSC
Hey don't know if im writing this in the right place...

but anyway, just started year 12 and need to make composition for my topic Music for film, tv, radio and multimedia. The composition has to be based around that topic. So can i just make any song I want basically?
The composition needs to reflect the topic. That topic seems quite broad you're in a good position to basically do anything you want. Think about it - music for radio includes a variety of genres, music for film/TV/multimedia... heck, it's all so broad.

Be sure to check with your teacher though.

jet

Banned
HSC
Just remember that music for radio is different to music on radio. You can't just compose a song you think you would hear on a radio.

HSC
It's strange, because if a person was, realistically, composing music for film, they'd need to know the film they're composing for and write accordingly, even more so for the old cartoons, where the action and the music are tightly co-ordinated.

So if you're 'composing for film' without the need to refer to an existing film, it's quite an artificial task to begin with.

I guess, write something which, stylistically, you might hear in film?

Also, because it's multimedia, don't forget video game music... check out Koji Kondo if you want inspiration there.

Crazyiness

HSC
I'm in Year 9 and I have done about 2 compositions over my 3 years at high school. I don't know if they are looking for more concepts in Year 12, but my teachers look for examples of concepts in the composition more than if it sounds good. It can't sound all over the place though. Feel confident with your piece. Just remember you won't get it right the first time, tweak it here and there till you like how it sounds.

pstyz

HSC
It's strange, because if a person was, realistically, composing music for film, they'd need to know the film they're composing for and write accordingly, even more so for the old cartoons, where the action and the music are tightly co-ordinated.

So if you're 'composing for film' without the need to refer to an existing film, it's quite an artificial task to begin with.

I guess, write something which, stylistically, you might hear in film?

Also, because it's multimedia, don't forget video game music... check out Koji Kondo if you want inspiration there.

ok , i won't forget it

My favorite Rock Band:
The Beatles Stereo Box Set
Beatles Box Set
Beatles Remastered box set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)