Music Music Music Music Pleaseeeee (1 Viewer)

lassssa

HSC
heyy guys, well il just put it out there, im soooo screwed for music!! well actually even choreographing. my whole life ive been taught to dance and have always hated chorepgraphing and am finding it really hard, especially when its gotta relate to a certain thing..
my main worry is music, if anyone has any good suggestions for what i can use, ive looked up soo many things,
my concept is body image and how media influences eating disorders and stuff...and i really have no clue with what sort of music to choose
please helppp

lara xox

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hey fellow dancer ^.^,

Don't stress too much, you've still got a few weeks.. well okay.. 2 months till the prac exams, and trust me- you can still change stuff and add on, delete things in that time. I did ^^ hehehe.
Okay, firstly- I'd say to look at your concept and describe what feelings you get from it. Obviously from an Eating disorder/body image, it's not always going to be happy. Convey emotions, and then think from there- find 'atmospheric' music. As suggested in other threads, I tend to lean towards Soundtracks and instrumental music. No words... You'll just die under that in the Viva Voce, they can be really nit picky if you put lyrics in your music.
Have you talked to your teacher at all? 'Media Ifluences' could be quite difficult, your stimulus, concept is usually an 'item' or 'action', something you can convey quite easily.
Just take it all apart, focus on what you really want your dance to be about, and grab what you think would be usefull, and brainstorm emotions, feelings, angers, hates, loves.. That kind of thing.
Brianstorming + HSC Dance = Wonders.
Good luck. :)

lassssa

HSC
thank u soo soo much!! but ahhh now uve really scared me!! should i change my concept now? make it not so broad? just stick with body image full stop?? or fat vs thin maybe? because heaps of my movements are like rather large round big movemetnts compared to thin, tall, long movements? ye i have sooo much instrumental music, and soundtracks i think im just getting extra extra picky, yesterday i tried to get myself together to finally finish it, but i just couldnt think of any movements, oh im a failure haha

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Oooh, No.. I'm sorry!!! I didn't mean to freak you out! eep!!!!!!
I'd just speak with your Dance teacher about it, see if she can help out with it. You should stick with the body image and everything, but narrow it down- otherwise when it comes to composition exam, viva Voce- after the dance- they'll really drill you, and it might be a little harder to really explain your dance in relation to the broad concept. For example, I chose 'swimming' for my concept/intent... And they REALLY were nit picky about it. I mean, I showed different strokes, and things like that- but oh boy, they nailed me on my compo. xD hehehehhe xD Just make it easier for yourself, you don't want too much stress!!!!!!!!

kathrynso

HSC
I'm dancing for a friend of mine who is doing Core Comp which is swimming. It's pretty kool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)