slyhunter

Retired
HSC
They have articles like that for every exam every year to be honest

and let's not forget it's the SMH, not exactly a great newspaper

deswa1

HSC
This is the best line in the article:

"We chose the poet Emily Dickinson as our set text. Her work is quite thoughtful and philosophical and it's not suited to a rushed response," she said.

NBGHHS

HSC
Boohoo, King's School students finding the exam tough, now how are they going to get money in their life? $20k a term from their parents isn't enough....-.-

EDIT: at least it wasn't amy mcneillage...

Last edited:

brarbie95

HSC
LOL it really wasn't that hard as they're trying to make it sound, it just wasn't something you could sit there and write out
the exact essay you'd memorised for a generic question about not belonging or belonging with others

the reading task was a bit harder than previous years, but they need a hard exam to be able to scale and align
the advanced and standard kids

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Boohoo, King's School students finding the exam tough, now how are they going to get money in their life? $20k a term from their parents isn't enough....-.-

EDIT: at least it wasn't amy mcneillage...

I've talked to our current King's students who did the exam and no one is complaining. It's got nothing to do with the response of our own students.

Sorry if you seem to hate private schools so much.

jwilkinson

HSC
I found the test fine.. i don't get everyone whose conplaining about it being hard.. they're just questions and you just answer them to your best ability and your done. besides if everyone goes bad doesn't that mean aligning will be lower for the cutoff for a band 6 in that english exam? (Not the overall modules etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)