My Answers (1 Viewer)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
Wow im surprised a lot of ppl did so well expecting 90’s im hoping for a band 5…the test wasn’t the easiest since u couldn’t really study too much but I didn’t think it was that hard since I got to 16 booklets….heres some of my answers, please feel free to post all my incorrect answers with correct answers, any comments would b good, especially if they are telling me what I should be expecting…

1b
2c
3a
4d
5b
6a
7d
8d
9b
10d
11a
12c
13b
14a
15b
16a
17c
18d
19c
20a

21.a)i defined what a protocol is, and my example was POP and how it’s a protocol to send and receive emails, also mentioned Kermit and xmodem.
b)This question is dumb since we nvr learnt it but neway.
1)IPT :.au (limits search to Australian websites)
2)”IPT” + “BOS” (limits search to sites with these two words)
3)type in Information Processes and Technology if this does work put it in quotations and add + “HSC”
c)one method of testing I put was to get a select few ppl to undertake a primary investigation, this can be a beta test get a few ppl to trial the system and later ask them to do a survey or questionnaire about how it could be better and if it worked ok….i mentioned pilot and sed y it should be that, and also ruled out why others shouldn’t be used.

22.a)i put data redundancy as faculty because in a small loan system their names should be sufficient enuf because it would be unique in a small community, two problems I put was data redundancy and the fact it would take ages to find a specific item
b)Yeh I hated this question coz im no good at it
c)once again im too lazy to draw it up here, I mentioned report and page headers/footers, talked about the layout and stuff
23.a)talked about computer, accessories like keyboard and stuff, modem, ISP, phone line, binomial device for security, also mentioned if it was close it could be networked this would require a file server and a web server and possibly email server and nic and cables.
b)advantages – employees could get more work done, quality of work may be better as they choose their own times to work, can send backups to people houses this ensures that a back up is available offsite, as well as employees saving money on having to pay for employees traveling cost and I mentioned a few other things. Disadvantages I wrote about initial cost, might be misinterpretation on what wants to be done, social isolation and stuff like that.
c)this one was a very weird question, I mentioned stuff about distributed databases and files and how the computers have to be synchronized for all the information to be gathered by everybody, mentioned communication stuff like audio conferencing over the phone, video conferencing, facsimile and email and a few other stuff as well as a dbms…I didn’t like this test now that I think of it.

24.a) strengths included that doctors could get information and organize information at any place they are, this could save time, and a few other things kinda cant remember, weaknesses include database may not be entirely up to date because its not synchronized or something and some other lame stuff.
b)yeh wtf with this question nvr done nething like it, mentioned interference with medical equipment, security that someone could just pick up the doctors pda and use it (it don’t mention nething about needing a pin number) also something like wireless transmission can be interfered with so info may not be received as it was sent.

25.a)i)i just talked about how batch is done in a group at a suitable time for the organization and gave example of cheques.
ii)magnetic ink character recognition gave examples of cheques and what happens and stuff, used to stop forgery and crap like that.
b)i)this one wasn’t so bad, I don’t think I got full marks but mayb 2/4
ii) Totally stuffed this question up had no idea what was going on…talked about collecting credit card details this required a computer and modem and stuff like that, analyzing credit card details through an eftpos system at the other end, organizing a place for him to sit in the cinemas also like a pos system as it takes one place away from the left over seats, stores info in an online database on a file server so other tellers in the company can view info, displaying a print out via a printed for the user…mentioned atomicity and concurrency and defiend them to the given scenarion.
c)advantages included ppl can access buying tickets over a large range of mediums, decreases the use of piracy on the internet because ppl can get tickets so easily instead of just going down to the cinema, talked about how it saves time in waiting, ppl can pay for tickets even tho they don’t have the money on hand it can get deducted from credit. Disadvantages include crap like how it could be easily manipulated over phone and computer, no way of knowing if someone stoled the ticket from another, don’t know about their ages when purchasing the ticket and a few others.

28.a)i) glad this was in there I knew it would be same as sampling rate just had a feeling….i defined what morphing is and how it needs two pictures, also mentioned that it could be tweaked in an animation program such as macromedia flash, and I gave an example of a boy getting transformed into a cat via a pictures.
ii)sampling rate I defined and gave an example of common rates such as 44.1khz and 20.5 and how the higher the rate the better the quality also the higher the size.
b)i)text, pictures and assumed audio and video due to ABC TV and ABC Radio, also could of used numbers of hyperlinks or something I spose
ii)software I included was authoring such as PSP 8 to create and edit pictures, application such as word to store the information temporarily to put onto the site later, html editor such as frontpage to create a website and then later update it onto the internet, and browsers to view the website on to ensure that all people can view the information no matter what the screen resolution.
c)talked about how a faster processor allows users to view and listen to audio and video information before it is entirely saved onto the hard drive, a larger hard drive ensures that more intangible items can be stored on the one computer, mentioned that ISP have created faster internet connections such as ISDN and ASDL which means ppl can get more information at a faster pace, issues could include a new generation of click potatoes (some lame term from text book) because all information is readily available from the internet and they don’t have to leave it to listen to music or watch tv, all types of media can be accessed from the one system which could be cheaper in the long run and require less space, as in only having a computer not a tv and radio for example, mentioned how ppl could become redundant in work places because companys may cease to operate with a range of media on the internet……I mentioned one or two more things, what I didn’t mention was newspapers and how u can go back and look at old papers…I wish I did mention it but didn’t think of it till now..

well that’s basicly wat I put in the exam, I know I know all wrong but I hope I somehow get a band 5 or 80% raw mark is what im hopiung for……what does everyone think?

7th Sign

HSC
yeah man your answers look s alright similar to mine...

but i went way more in with explaning things...

you should get 80+ im guessing

theking2nv99

Yeh looks close to mine but like 7th i had more detail on a few things, im hoping for a high band 5

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol its not like i didnt elaborate more then what i sed i did...i completed 16 booklets so im under the impression i went into too much detail, here i just gave a brief short form of what i wrote about just to see how well i did...wow i really hope i get 80+

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Just a quick question... wouldn't data redundancy be item number and item? Like IMO faculty is necessary...

nookie

HSC
haha you know for 24)b) i mentioned how some patients can interfere or damage with the system thing next to their bedside .. like kids that like to play :)

7th Sign

HSC
nookie said:
haha you know for 24)b) i mentioned how some patients can interfere or damage with the system thing next to their bedside .. like kids that like to play :)
what u mean how is that a technical issue?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess it could be considered a security issue... not really 'technical' as such. The only interference I could perceive was electrical interference with mission-critical medical equipment.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
so u guys really think ill get a band 5? im kinda relying heavily on getting band 5's in ipt and legal

Pixydust*

i said one example of data redundancy is the fact that there are multiple records for the same machine instead of having to enter the details of each machine into one table once, and refer to it in transaction records with its item number thereafter - though admittingly, didn't explain it so concisely. would that be okay? cheers :)

Pixydust*

DarkPrince_87 said:
so u guys really think ill get a band 5? im kinda relying heavily on getting band 5's in ipt and legal
i bet youll get over 90 and be stoked ;)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol that would be wishful thinking, i already know i got like 3 multiple choice questions wrong, that data redundancy question wrong so theres 4 marks gone, i didnt like the two drawing i had to do so between them probly lost a total of 3 marks so theres 7 marks and a few questions i probly wont get 100% for so max i will probly get is 85 and thats if they are feeling lenient...hoping for 80...would b annoyed if it was less then 75 tho...i dont think all my answers were correct and no one has actually sed they were some ppl sed they had similar but we might be wrong so yeh...

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Don't be so critical, im sure the examiners will be looking to give marks out, it's what they do for hsc exams.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol have u actually looked at the answers i posted up and looked at the questions, im now having second thoughts about alot of them and i dont think they are right, so i only gave myself like half marks for attempting...lol and i dont wanna aim to high and be dissapointed wen i get a crap mark

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget that the mark you get at the end of the day might not have had anything to do with how you went in the test >_>

DarkPrince_87

HSC
ok...i dont know wat u mean unless ur talking about scaling? and i heard that ipt scales down for some reason

Srixon

HSC
think IPT only scales down when it is going towards your UAI as it is not as hard as 4unit maths etc

DarkPrince_87

HSC
assessment marks werent too good through out the yr and i got 2nd...missed out by 1 mark from first, but i think i did better then the person who got first if not better then everyone else in my class...i dont really get aligning wats with that...doesnt that mean a band six could be like a 85 or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)