My school forces us to keep 12 units until trial if you do 4u maths (1 Viewer)

catha230

HSC
Hi all, the title pretty much speaks for itself. My initial plan was to drop Chem immediately in term 1 of year 12 and then drop Legal in term 2 (my school doesn't allow you to drop to 10 units until completing the first assessment of term 1 of year 12 and I doubt they will allow me to drop any at all this term provided that I have 14 units). Now the problem is that 4u is really content-heavy and legal involves a lot of essay writing; especially I extremely dread going to Chem and Legal lessons. I just feel like it's a waste of time since they're not my HSC subjects and in the end I won't benefit from any of them at all. My Chem teacher is the worst, he doesn't teach but just gives you tons of worksheets. I compiled all of the sheets he gave me in year 11 and seriously the stack was even thicker than the Cambridge textbook 3u. (And the science faculty is all about 'saving the planet'!) I cannot do other subjects' work in any of these classes especially Chem since he confiscated my stuff once and even threatened that he would not give me back my stuff next time (lol as if he's entitled to, but he's the head teacher so...) Now I just feel tremendously discouraged and tired. Could someone please suggest any ideas on how to best deal with this?

Thank you so much for helping.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeaah I had the same issue. Doing 4u maths and the school forced me to do 12 units. You just gotta deal with it, I just did the bare minimum of work required for that extra subject.

It's only a one term wait for you anyway

jimmy.chu232

HSC
Yea my school has the same rule.....or school

Look just focus on 4 unit.... its only one term away...sorry that you are going through all that stress.....I'm probably just as stressed as you are

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to have 4 different subjects to get your HSC certificate so this is probably why they are forcing you to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)