My worst nightmare came true!!! (1 Viewer)

im-estelle

HSC
flying thru the ext english exam paper. creative writing section i own it up with a series of letters. series of letters? WTF!!! with less than 10 minutes to go i realize it says SHORT STORY!!!!!!!! so i did a 2.5 page quality short story...yeh im so screwed! wat do u think the max mark i could hope to achieve with a 2.5 page short story?

im-estelle

HSC
i highly doubt it but does a series of letters count as a short story?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
It you added some opening at the begining like :

So I sat watching the dwindling moon, then decided to open the letter:

Dear Yager:

I turned, decided to search for that other letter

Dear: hot and sexy

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

I crunched the paper, and threw it in the bin, another day tomarrow.

snowconesyum

HSC
lots of my friends did series of letters - i think that would be ok? i mean, there are entire fiction books which are fictional letters between characters, and that's still a story.

i'm not sure.. and another friend did the same as you, did one long letter then realised it staid short story and so added in a paragraph at the end being like "he put down the pen blahblahblah wrap up"

did u hand in ur letters at all?

knots&crosses

HSC
Oh my! Mine was originally a series of letters also. When i saw short story, i just changed it so that the persona had two voices, his own and his dead fathers (who originally had a letter.) But I hope you kept the other letter one. Hopefully they would be able to look at it, you never know, letters may just count as stories in their opinion...

Plague

HSC
I've heard of a few people who wrote really small amounts and still aced it. don't think it asked for an extended creative piece, just original. just being an optimist here

im-estelle

HSC
i kept both. i had a short story of 2.5 pages which i did in the last 9 mins. and i had my series of letters which was around 5 pages or 6. i kept both and handed both up in case...sigh llucky its just 1 unit and im pretty sure i killed my other assessments :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)