National Studies HISTORIOGRAPHY (1 Viewer)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Re: makin up historians??

-may-cat- said:
From a moral view point? moral? Your view of moral is very twisted. I don't give a shit about marks, i give a shit people who exploit history for marks. Anything for marks huh? There's more to education than being able to show someone you have reached a generic level of academic excellence, what ever happened to the personal satisfaction that comes from having true understanding? I suppose it's become obsolete for people like you.
Darling, since when has the HSC ever been a measurement of "true understanding"?
And regarding morals: I hate it when people take a moral highground when it comes to the HSC. And whats with it with making up historians? It's just a shortcut, like copy pasting or utilising the services of a draft writer. Remember: It's NOT cheating if you DON'T get caught.

In conclusion: You ask,
-may-cat- said:
'what ever happened to the personal satisfaction that comes from having true understanding?
I think your personal satisfaction comes from seeing yourself as above others, sticking to the 'virtuous path'. Take a seat you slurry. You are no better than any of us who do make up historians.

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't help myself. After reading your inane post for a second time, you state,
-may-cat- said:
i don't give a shit about marks, i give a shit people who exploit history for marks.
Well it seems YOU are exploiting those who do make up historians for your own moral high ground. So don't you dare go telling me my morals are twisted when you yourself aren't immune from your own argument. Get off your high horse already.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

simonloo said:
Darling, since when has the HSC ever been a measurement of "true understanding"?
And regarding morals: I hate it when people take a moral highground when it comes to the HSC. And whats with it with making up historians? It's just a shortcut, like copy pasting or utilising the services of a draft writer. Remember: It's NOT cheating if you DON'T get caught.

In conclusion: You ask,

I think your personal satisfaction comes from seeing yourself as above others, sticking to the 'virtuous path'. Take a seat you slurry. You are no better than any of us who do make up historians.

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't help myself. After reading your inane post for a second time, you state,
Well it seems YOU are exploiting those who do make up historians for your own moral high ground. So don't you dare go telling me my morals are twisted when you yourself aren't immune from your own argument. Get off your high horse already.
Instead of acknowledging that personal understanding is important, you take cheap swipes at my sexuality? oh yea, a true genius at work here. The HSC is what you make it, either a learning experience, or a tunnel visioned ride towards a high UAI at any cost, it depends on what you find more important. Sadly, it has obviously become the latter. Your logic that i exploit historians for my own moral high ground is silly, like it or not my 'moral high ground' is infact what is right, it is not right to make up historians to cheat your way to marks, all it shows is that you are a lazy individual.

georgefren

HSC

lol. I kinda agree with simonloo that you do whatever you need to do to get marks ... but at the same time making up historians doesnt seem to me to be a good enough way of doing that considering the risks.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

my ee1 teacher used to tell both us and the hist ext ppl to make up references all the time. it worked well.

rajputsingh

HSC

hak52c said:
hey everyone
Some of my friends told me to make up historians in my responses. wat are ur views on this. do u rekn the markers will knw thats its bs or they will just go along with it. i mean theres probably thousands of historians and its not like the markers are gonna knw all of em? Wat do u rekn? Should we just make up or dont include them at all?

i wouldnt in the hsc exams the markers can pick up a fake from miles away

Sound&Fury

Éminence grise
HSC

simonloo said:
OR perhaps not. We got the highest number of Band 6s than any other year for Mod Hist. And we made up historians. And this is at a selective school.
This is probably because the answers were of a high quality more than anything else. As long as you can critically analyse the major issues and debates well, I doubt that the markers will care about the historians that the student has included.

During my exams, I simply paraphrased the relevant historian's arguments. I didn't bother memorising the names of all of the historians that I encountered. This made studying for it much easier, and I ended up with Band 6 anyway. Also, I didn't memorise the exact quote itself. Academics themselves don't directly quote other academics anyway, unless it's important to retain the exact way in which the point was expressed.

Last edited:

binary star

HSC

My friend tried it once. It works, you just have to make it believable.

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Re: Germany Historiography- not asking, giving.

THANK YOU! Your an absolute legend!

Conspicuous

HSC
Re: Germany Historiography- not asking, giving.

you have saved me from going insane, quite literally.

thankyou times a million

HSC
hey I was wondering if anyone does Australia and what textbook they use
thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)