Ne 1 find shipwrecks hard (1 Viewer)

Lans

Shipwrecks was a breeze compared to communication in biology!!

I'm Glad it had to do with the syllabus and wasn't too far off track!

the last question was pretty much our assessment task for shipwrecks so overall i was pretty happy.:D

zemaj

Hmmm.... it was probably harder than the rest of the paper, but we had similar qestions in our trail, and it was all pretty straight foward.

-zem

Bug

The only problems I have had with the physics and chem electives was the mark allocations.

Q29 D (ii) ... 4 marks ??

But in general I agree that Q29 was harder then the rest of the paper.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yeah i thought the whole paper was sooo easy cept shipwrecks was a tiny bit harder - since i hadnt really learnt the restoration stuff.. i just made it up

Ozz^E

cant say anything bout shipwrecks but our option was prob the hardest part of the paper...noting undoable though.

profernity

HSC
i thought some of the questions were a bit vague...like c) ii)..

l"Explain, using an example, chemical procedure used to clean and preserve artefacts from wrecks"

A friend of mine interpreted that to mean describe as many different procedures as possible, with an example for each. I thought it meant choose an example, like a textile artefact, and then talk about what you can do to preserve it and stuff.

and for e)...are you supposed to say that ocean depth doesn't affect corrosion in the theoretical sense (ie. oxygen conc. and temp.), but rather it is the presence of anaerobic bacteria and carbon dioxide, generating electrochemical reactions, creation of acidic environments by bacteria waste etc?

I thought MC Q13 was full of crap. I got it right, but only because the other three can't be considered a major advantage of development.

To conclude, I thought Shipwrecks was hard in the fact that you never really knew if what you wrote was enough to get the full marks...the questions were easy to answer, but was it adequate? That I don't know. I felt that the q's were simple, but with my luck i might lose a mark here and there for not 'assessing' or 'evaluating' properly. Stupid 'verbs'.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
:spaceshp: :spaceshp: :spaceshp:
Originally posted by superhubert
i concur:D
as do i... but the 6 marker at the end was a little on the dodgy side cos i couldn't remember the name of the guy immediately before faraday

when someone tells me i'll kick myself
ps. the spaceships have nothing to do with it
:spaceshp: :spaceshp: :spaceshp:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
*do I hear the sound of... kicking?*

Originally posted by Bug

Q29 D (ii) ... 4 marks ??
Yep, I'd actually agree... you'd have to start being inventive and know how H+ will increase the rate of corrosion...

For e I compared how a few factors varied according the to depth of the ocean... and how these favctor will affrect corrosion. I made a conclusion based on those factors, and then stated the presence of anaerobic bacteria would not be included in here since it's not relevant to depth of ocean.

zemaj

Ahhh, but it is relevant, because:

1) otherwise there would be next to no corrosion @ great depths
2) they only exist @ great depths don't they?

-zem

schwang_thang

yups that was wat i was thinking

plus, dont they do that magic where sulphate becomes sulphide n then all that crap abt insoluble silver sulphide n stuff being produced come abt?

n then the other thing related 2 the 1st hand investigation, where acidic environments accelerate corrosion...rnt the acidic environments due 2 the waste that this anaerobic bacteria produce?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
*do I hear the sound of... kicking?*
*kick* *kick* *kick* *kick*

i KNEW that!!! it's like i had a brain explosion or something!!!

grrr...

ah well that'd only be a mark... i wrote about Davy, but forgot his name

macca202

Originally posted by saladsugery

brain explosion
grrr...

ah i wrote about Davy, but forgot his name
Fucking exactly what i did. talked about all three galvani,......, and Faraday.
And yeah was q 13 MC about the benefits of the habaer process what was the fucking asswer for that??? i think i wrote d which was 'jobs' what was the answer?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by macca202
And yeah was q 13 MC about the benefits of the habaer process what was the fucking asswer for that??? i think i wrote d which was 'jobs' what was the answer?
C, I believe ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)