need help asap (1 Viewer)

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
ok, i need help with maths! I need tips on how to improve!!

Obviously doing more maths is on top of my list.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, as you said, just do more maths.

like, get your hands on every past paper and the specimen papers

our school suggested we by the "general maths higher school certificate specimen examination paper, 6 practise papers, hsc examination paper 2001-2002"..its done up by the mathematical association of nsw...they ordered them in for us, i think they were about 17 bucks or something, but they are really good, better value than excel and all of those.
also try and get other schools exams/assessments and do them.

also, when you do the textbook exercises, dont be tempted to look in the back!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
hipsta_jess is absolutely right. Do as many test papers as you can, and once you realise what you did wrong (and why), you will be able to avoid it in the next similar question. Once you do this enough, you'll find your results improving dramatically.

sexysarah2003

Also try buying excel books and maybe another textbook on maths that has all the topics you are doing. I bought another year 11 general maths text book and guess what, l'm the highest in my class (in other words the entire year).

Also jess is right, don't look in the back of the textbooks!

Ask your teacher if you can spend a lunchtime or two with them so they can help you with difficult answers (sure its your lunchtime, but its also your future)

Try loooking around for a tutoring company that can tutor you once a week. You can take your work in then if you don't want to waste a lunch time.

I have tutoring once a week for maths, and its only 1 hour! Its expensive, but if u shop around l'm sure you could find a good price. I pay $35 for 1 hour. I take my work in from the week and go over with it in my tutoring class. you can get class tutoring or individual, its your choice.

Good luck with your maths and please let me know how you go!

P.S remember to practise practise practise! Although, better not buy excel until you understand the work, with excel you have to know most of the work to do the books, but try the textbooks :) You can pick one up for around 20 bucks :)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
those maths association papaers that hipsta_jess mentioned are very good for study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)