Need Help!!!! Seriously!!! (1 Viewer)

Sydney in Australia. currently camp in bankstown
HSC
N/A
Hello all!! I am currently stuck in a school namely canterbury boys. Next year i will be sitting for my HSC and i am not even a bit prepared. So far my grades are of the average standard. but games like doom3 and half life 2 is too much for me to resist. can some one tell me how i can get away from those games and concentrate on my studies? and any tips of how to study efficiently will be greatly appreciated too. here are my current subjects:
Math Ext 1
Esl English
Chemistry
Physics
IPT
Photography( dropping next year )

Thank you for you time.

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
maths you just gotta keep practicing all the time, not just memorise the formulas
Esl English, I'm guessing will be tested on what you learn for your HSC year, so you gotta write notes on that and study them, check out past ESL papers so you can be a bit fimiliar with the paper
I guess it goes for the rest of the subjects as well ----> write notes, resummarise if you need to, and study

astro

HSC
either lock those games in a safe or give them to a friend who goes to another school and tell them not to give them to to until you finish your HSC

Kulazzi

HSC
oh, and whenever you have free periods in the arvo, stay until school actually finishes, this way you get more motivated and more work done and plus less distractions, well for me anyway

oh and i don't think they'll let you play games like doom3 and half life 2 at school :)

Kulazzi

HSC
well, it's ur decision, is this tutor helping you? Do you understand it better with this tutor? You gitta ask yourselves these questions and see whether its really working or not

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Use ur games as a reward... 4 example for every 1hr u study play games 4 1/2 an hr or something that way you get to study and play ur games also... Also no one can make ur self give up ur games u have to do it urself..at least try and cut down on them lil by lil and think about Y u need to cut down on them...wen u finish ur HSC u can play all u want while u r wait 4 results

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Donate your games and your computer to a charity. Dont make the mistake of putting them into one of those charity bins. March up to your nearest Salvation Army Store and hand the lot over. I realise that you might need a computer for schoolwork, because come on, that's what i'm trying to help you improve here. So, go and get yourself a map and find the nearest library use their computers and books. And don't forget to buy yourself a typewriter!!

Now you're set and those silly games wont annoy you anymore :)!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
fi_babezy said:
Donate your games and your computer to a charity. Dont make the mistake of putting them into one of those charity bins. March up to your nearest Salvation Army Store and hand the lot over. I realise that you might need a computer for schoolwork, because come on, that's what i'm trying to help you improve here. So, go and get yourself a map and find the nearest library use their computers and books. And don't forget to buy yourself a typewriter!!

Now you're set and those silly games wont annoy you anymore :)!
lol...I hate to tell ya Fiona...it ain't happening!!!

billeh

HSC
hmm. . I say play all your favourite games! Have the time of you're life sitting on your computer, playing half-life and watever. The HSC doesn't matter Jack . . so what if u get a UAI of 32.31. u can always block out reality, and enter the world of imagination with your precious irresistable gaaammmes!!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
you can always pretend that your games is study, or you can just not play them and do actual study.

i have been sober from games since the start of year 12. i have stopped completely. but now i have to try and stop myself coming onto this forum!!!

it has to be of your own freewill.

maths extension is jackhard now...

Raginsheep

HSC
Make a timetable and say that I won't play anygames Mon to Thurs nights and only play for one hour on Friday. On the weekends, restrict yourself to something like for every 2hrs of decent solid work that I do, I get to play 1hr of games. Obviously during assestment blocks and closer to the HSC, you decrease the amount time you spend on games but at least this way there is some sort of compromise.

Also, its really dependent on your own self-control and "want" to do well. If you really want it, you can make it happen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)