• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help!!!! (1 Viewer)

JAult

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of writing a 5-10min speech about myself. I need to present this speech to my local rotary club and I would appreciate it if you could glimpse over it and help another out. I've clearly rushed it and it is due in two days. Please, don't be all you should have done it earlier and all, just constructive criticism desired.

Thanks in advance :D

“Gather ye rose-buds while ye may;

Old Time is still a-flying;

And this same flower that smiles today, 

Tomorrow will be dying.”
“Life is a gift, it offers us the privilege,
Opportunity, and responsibility to give something back
By becoming more.” …

Good evening ladies, gentlemen, and Rotarians. My name is Jack Ault and I am here this evening as a student applying for the two thousand and twelve National Youth Science Forum. For this I will be introducing myself and explain to you all the reasons of why I would like this opportunity and how much it would help in my future endeavours.

So firstly, as mentioned before my name is Jack Ault. I am currently the year eleven-school prefect of Erskine Park High School. I am currently studying Advanced English, Mathematics, and Mathematics Extension, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Ancient History. With these subjects I hold consistently high marks in my favorite subjects which include; Mathematics, and Extension, Chemistry, and Biology. In terms of academic achievement I am always focused and motivated to go forwards in education. I am currently holding four top ranks across my favorite subjects. Since year nine, I have achieved perfect attendance, which show cases my ability to set goals and motivation for excellence. Along side my subjects I am involved in the school’s Student Representative Council. I also hold a state position in student leadership and initiative as part of the 2011 New South Wales Student Conference Action Team (known as SCAT). The role in student leadership allows me to extend on my current leadership skills. The NSW SRC SCAT team offers all Public Secondary students the chance to voice their opinions and concerns in a constructive and organized manner. I always strive for excellence in my school life, and always in my life outside of school. My hobbies include; kickboxing, and I volunteer with my friends at St. Johns Ambulance service. St. Johns is a new hobby of mine that I heavily enjoy. It allows for me to contribute back to the community in a safe, constructive, and challenging manner. Along side my hobbies I am employed with Bunnings and have done so for the past twenty-one months. And, in this time, I have achieved multiple awards in team culture and initiative, retail and customer service and support, respectively.

Science is the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. It is from this definition that my intrigue for science stems. Science is a continuous and never ending wealth of knowledge that shapes the world we live in. It can be seen in all aspects of life no matter who you are or where you come from. The notion of science itself inspires me to pursue its learning with great enthusiasm, and pride. Science possesses no limits, which allows me to extend my education for a lifetime. My love for, and interest in science is a passion that I inhabit deeply. Science is a subject that has always intrigued me and I wish to aspire to be apart of in the future of Australian Science. My aims are quite high, but I believe they are achievable with the right attitude, respect, and passion. In the near future I aim to study Biomedical Engineering, specifically genetics, at Sydney University or Australian National University.

The National Youth Science Forum is a unique program that allows students of similar age, education, and ideals to experience opportunities that will propel their ambitions forward. The National Youth Science Forum offers a glimpse into what occupations, revolved around science, can offer. For me the program is an opportunity to venture into an environment with students with the same enthusiasm, and passion as myself. To study, debate, and discuss topics with these students would be a privilege that I deeply desire. Not to mention the top grade scientists who happily attend. The National Youth Science Forum was first promoted to me by one of the past participants, and her name is Mahsa Javam. Her impression of the program was highly motivating, and is one of the many reasons of why I want to attend. Mahsa spoke of the Forum with great enthusiasm and prestige. She openly recommended and described the program as one that is invaluable, unforgettable and was seriously fun. The National Youth Science Forum is a gateway into science-orientated careers. It motivates students to aspire to what they are capable of and allows them to take a taste to what occupations are available in the paths of science.

With the forum students are able to extend on their existing leadership skills, allowing them to prosper into young leaders and individuals. [FIVE MINUTES]. This is another reason of why I want to attend. The forum offers the opportunity to build upon skills such as public speaking, and offers

To conclude my speech I would like to thank you all for your time this evening. [very rushed ending I know :(]

The speech seems very awkward... so yeah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)