Need Helppppppp (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
for paper 1. the question that nearly always says, "which texts do u think would be suitable for representation of journeys?"

can someone tell me how i should attack the question, use what techniques and how i would analyse it..

thxx

A l

HSC
N/A
These questions often require a personal reflection on the texts and the way they communicate the idea of the journey to you. For the question you mentioned, you should select one or more (of required) texts and analyse them with mention of techniques and their examples and relate it to how well you think it represented the journey. In this case you may wish to make a comparison to all other texts and argue why the other texts do not represent the journey as well as the texts you selected.
The best way (I think) to approach this question in particular is to deduce which of the texts you understand most clearly in regards to the journey and select them. You can provide a comprehensive analysis and argue why this/these text(s) allowed you to understand the concept of the journey better than the others.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
It's always a good idea to talk about more than one text --> you pick the one you think is the best to answer the question and then compare it to 1 or 2 other texts to demonstrate why the text you picked was the most appropriate one

RonnyK

HSC
Simple...

The question usually askks you to pick 2 of the 3 to analyse...

Just pick the two you feel you understand the strongest, Name and identify techniques used that represent a sense of journey and make sure you back them up by referring back to the source with quotes and observations. These are 6 mark questions (usually) so you'll need to use and back up about 3 techniques from each text if possible or explain how they are simular and/or contrast...

Hope that was useless...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)