• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need studying tips (1 Viewer)

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
sit down and study. don't waste your time. do past papers.

I97

HSC
Set goals to achieve rather than just a time frame. Make notes according to syllabus dot points and use your school work and other resources(textbook/websites) to compile a set of notes. Revise regularly and do past papers under exam conditions.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember one more thing, sometimes the best study tips is actually accumulated from your own personal experience. There really isn't a one-model fits all, you need to think about what kind of a learner are you-visual, aural, kinaesthetic or a combination, how long is your attention span and when does your optimal concentration span occur?, how you are performing in each subject-because within your study timetable, you should be allocating more time to study subjects you are more weak on etc... it really ultimately is through some trial and error before you can discover for yourself a set of golden 'study tips' that is personalised for you. So take the advice others give you as guidance, but not as 'rules' that you must follow. Best wishes this year for acing your studies:)

Blake Henderson

HSC
For my notes should i get another book for that subject and create notes? Also with the notes do i just summarise in my own words. I was thinking of voice recording my self talking about a specific thing and listen to it spread throughout the day and thanks for the wishes strawberrye

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For my notes should i get another book for that subject and create notes? Also with the notes do i just summarise in my own words. I was thinking of voice recording my self talking about a specific thing and listen to it spread throughout the day and thanks for the wishes strawberrye
For your notes-particularly for your own personal revision I would highly recommend you get another book for that subject and create notes, or you can consider typing up your notes on the computer. Yes, you do summarise information in your own words, however, you need to make sure your notes are dot point oriented-essentially what I mean is you must make sure you are categorising information under the dot points of the syllabus-because the dot points are what you are going to be tested upon. For that matter, don't forget to include your first hand investigations( experiment) and second hand investigations in your notes:). Hope this helps:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)