NEED URGENT ADVICE (1 Viewer)

MinnieMinnie

HSC
I've been heavily unmotivated for the past few months or maybe more *sigh* as a result of some personal problems
and thus I haven't been able to study
I have no idea what to do now and now I'm stressed and I know I have no one to blame except myself
I have my trials in 2 weeks any help, advice would be appreciated
I'm Studying the following subject:

English Advanced
Biology
Chemistry
Maths Advanced
Economics
Business Services

Thank You

yooook

HSC
read through your notes/ memorise if you have time and then do past papers, studies have shown students who do past papers the most get on average better marks. past papers are the most important. if I was you, just saying in my own opinion I would focus less on your worst subject. if not at all!

p.s. if you don't have notes; you can find some on this site. hope this helps :) :) :) . also first do past papers while looking at content and then do the other half under exam conditions, especially essays for business / eco and English

dasfas

HSC
Buy/find notes for those subjects, you don't have time to write your own. Learn those notes and start asap doing past papers. Perhaps consider getting a tutor to keep you motivated. good luck

Ice-Cream-Man

HSC
N/A
I've been heavily unmotivated for the past few months or maybe more *sigh* as a result of some personal problems
and thus I haven't been able to study
I have no idea what to do now and now I'm stressed and I know I have no one to blame except myself
I have my trials in 2 weeks any help, advice would be appreciated
I'm Studying the following subject:

English Advanced
Biology
Chemistry
Maths Advanced
Economics
Business Services

Thank You
https: //community.boredofstudies.org/threads/how-to-be-motivated-in-year-12.390605/

I believe this other student is in a similar case to you. Perhaps check this thread too? (del the space between the https: and the // cause they ban link)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC

studiesofboard

HSC

Ice-Cream-Man

HSC
N/A
It's not OVER TILL ITS OVER.

Credit @Velocifire

1) Did you do well in year 11, due to Coronavirus, there are some exceptions with Universities and some allow you to apply with Year 11 Results.

2) Take a step back and just reflect, write something down, rehash your memory. Just take your time off the poor results. Gotta be like the Kangaroo *Can't move backwards, only move forwards*. A step in the right direction would be to instead of losing precious time to grief, you could spend time revising mistakes and errors that were prevalent in your exam. Use the poor marks as a wake-up call for success. I have failed many times but it acts as the catalyst to review the feedback/mistakes as activation energy to do well.

3) Don't compare yourself to other people. Avoid saying (this guy got higher than me or whatevs), it would just bring you down and make you think that you are hopeless where you are actually not. I have faith in you. There have been so many success stories from F student to 90-ATAR. I have done this countless times and have failed just by being Jealous.

4) You should know what you are fighting for, a High ATAR, Uni Degree etc, if you know what you are fighting for, you should swear an oath to protect it, never let it go, the dwelling would break it. As doctor dusk says, write your goals down, I have a vision board with like a certain atar number, picture of a couple of great unis like UTS, UNSW, USYD, people who I will make proud, a younger self of me and it just tells me why I'm in this and why I will persevere.

Last edited:

jenii14

HSC
N/A
Visiting websites that offer trial papers from other schools definitely helped me a lot! (eg. acehsc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)