Need urgent help with year 11 biology assessment task!!!! (1 Viewer)

aria

HSC
Hey so 2 days ago i got an assessment task from biology and its about the evolution of Australian biota. It is a 50min test and i am able to bring in 2 pages worth of written notes in to the test. In the test there will be 3 unknown questions to be asked (im guessing long response) these are the syllabus dot points for researching:

- describe some mechanism found in australian flora (plants) for pollination, seed dispersal and asexual reproduction with reference to local sample

- describe some mechanism found in australian fauna (animals) to ensure fertilization and survival of the embryo and the young after birth

- discuss the relative success of internal and external fertilization in relation tot eh colonization of terrestrial and aquatic environments

- discuss the conditions under which asexual reproduction is advantageous with reference to specific australian sample

Any one know how to study for this??or any useful websites??also if anyone does know the 3 question please tell me since i am stressing out with another 2 assignments

thanx guys

Last edited:

s-tressed

HSC
I would personally study for it by making separate notes on each of the given syllabus dot points for the assessment. I would make these separate and more detailed than the ones that you are allowed to bring in on the day (simply because I would probably require more than 2 pages). I would study off these notes. I would also construct the two pages worth of notes specifically for bringing in. These notes I would make more concise and more like 'memory joggers' for the day. This will prevent you from searching through large amounts of detail within the two pagers to find the answers or starting points for answering the given questions. Remember, although you have notes in front of you, you also have a time limit so it is important for you to know and study the information before hand so that you are not wasting time.

Also, are the notes that you bring in being marked? If they are you might want to make them more detailed than I previously stated.

And just for a little tip, this is great practice for exams in which you don't already know the question. So, although it might be good to find out the possible questions that might be asked (which can be done through deconstructing the syllabus DPs), it would be much better for you to use this assessment as a learning experience for upcoming exams (that is if you somehow get your hands on the questions). Also, if you only recently got this assessment task you should have more than a week left in which case you can manage your time to prevent stress. I know it's difficult but once again, this will prepare you for later on when you have a larger work load.

Anyway, Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)