New look website, URL and logo for the University of Sydney (1 Viewer)

amber44

HSC
Last edited:

amber44

HSC
Is there some statement about the change.? You know the University always issues a 10 page statement on what it is, what it means, blah blah blah?

P.S. And here it is...

"Finally in 2010 we move forward with a new look. You will notice changes to the University of Sydney website as well as to our print and digital publications. Importantly while retaining the coat of arms our University logo has been refreshed, making it more modern while retaining our heritage.

Through these changes, we hope to communicate better the difference the University makes in the world, and tell more stories about the staff, students and alumni whose work impacts the lives of millions of people. Our people are our real asset - challenging, courageous and committed to critical thinking in 2010 and beyond."

http://www.usyd.edu.au/news/84.html?newscategoryid=9&newsstoryid=4371

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
i like it.

edit: as with any rebrand of any company or organisation, people will hate it and complain about it for the first few weeks because it's unfamiliar, and then they'll get used to it and wonder what all the fuss was about. cf. the refresh of the qantas logo a couple of years ago

Last edited:

rx34

HSC
I prefer the old website. It had more red in it.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
DISGUSTING.

I swear if this was going to be on my certificate when I graduate I would hunt down the graphic designer hack that made this and torture him with a rusty razor.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
I really don't understand why people care so much
It's like having your business card font changed from Arial to Comic Sans. If that doesn't make sense - then you'll probably never understand why people care so much.

Epic

HSC
Yuck.

Why is Usyd all of the sudden trying to become "modern". It's the fact that it's old that draws people to it.

Fail on Usyd's behalf. Next thing we know they'll be knocking down the sandstone.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
It's like having your business card font changed from Arial to Comic Sans. If that doesn't make sense - then you'll probably never understand why people care so much.
ha yes, american psycho reference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)