New Work Safety Bill (1 Viewer)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
The Government, I think state but I can't remember and can't check at this moment, has introduced a new work safety Bill. Under this new Bill any employer is liable for any injuries sustained by his employee, regardless of the employees actions.
This Bill brings with it a five year sentence and over a hundred thousand dollar fine for an individual and over a million dollar fine for a corporation.
Basically this new law will spell doom for many small businesses and farms. It will also be a disincentive for employment.
According to this new Bill if a worker on my farm doesn't wear his eat belt and rolles the ute then I am liable even if I instructed him to do so. Same if some fool ignores all the warnings and enters an active grain harvester (which I think started this bill) despite all the warning labels.
This new Bill destroys the need for employees to have common sense and also forces the employer to see every forseeable accident. And this legislation is not limited to farms.
Furthermore union officials can pursue employers and take them to court and for their actions receive a benefit.

Do you reckon the government has the right to hold the employer reponsible for all ails that before the employee while on the job?

Should worker's unions hold this much power?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)