• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Newcastle Open Day (1 Viewer)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
have u looked on the uni website??

find the program for it, then you only need to be there for the things u wanna go to

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
is this the thing where they tell you about whats so wonderful about their courses etc etc??

winicat

HSC
ROFL

there should be some sort of degree into researching how in the heck we get rid of them

winicat

HSC
what are you on about? how does that relate to my post?! *cries*

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
winicat said:
what are you on about? how does that relate to my post?! *cries*
sorry my bad i have a habit of clicking on the quote message box for no reason
tis very sorry :eek:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I was going to suggest we incorporate that into the Enviro Science degree, but seeing as those guys are "tree hugging hippies" (Tim Roberts' words, not mine!) they'd probably want to save them.
However, while we're working at eradicating pests from the uni, can someone please work on getting rid of the God people from Hunter Building that felt the need to near crash tackle me yesterday!!!

winicat

HSC
i love the days when there is no possible way to enter the uni without running into them. not to knock them, but sometimes coffee is more important to me than god at that time in the morning ...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's strange that the NCS people haven't realised that they're a pain in the arse yet.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
jumb said:
It's strange that the NCS people haven't realised that they're a pain in the arse yet.
Well they earnt their existence today and kept me entertained through an entire lecture. On the board was an ad for one of the services/lectures called "Why didnt Jesus swerve" and some clever engineer had written:

"Cos he liked to run over babies"

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
lol on a whiteboard this morning "Does Jesus really care whether I live or die?" i spent 20minutes making up shit... most entertaining

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mrbassman said:
Well they earnt their existence today and kept me entertained through an entire lecture. On the board was an ad for one of the services/lectures called "Why didnt Jesus swerve" and some clever engineer had written:

Hahah, love it. I think it's funny how they try and use shock tactic with the name of their talks to try and attract people. Do they actually expect non-christians to convert?

winicat

HSC
*droning voice* one of us... one of us...

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
mrbassman said:
On the board was an ad for one of the services/lectures called "Why didnt Jesus swerve" and some clever engineer had written:

How you see that as clever i don't know.

You guys really need to stop ripping off NCS people. If you haven't seen, this week is Mission Week, where they hold all kinds of talks trying to explain the basics of Christianity. Why do they do it?Because they want to share the gospel and also because many people have misconceptions about Christianity, and they are trying to give answers to them. They don't have alternate motives, they just want to share the gospel. I heard a group of people before one of my lectures today bagging out them as they were giving away free pancakes. They thought it was strange that they were giving them away for free, saying that they must have had some alternate motive, but they didn't. You see as Christians, they love serving others. It's what Jesus taught. They aren't going to force the gospel message down your throat if you don't want to hear it ( a misconception i often hear) . That's not what their about. It was to give people who DO want to ask questions about God and christianity the opportunity to do so.

You know what? You don't have to take the pamphlet. You can say "No thanks" and go on your merry way. They understand. Their aim isn't to get out there and convert you straight away, they just want to share the good news. They have as much right as anyone else on campus to get out there and hand out pamphlets.
I also can't believe that any of them would try and shove one down your cleveage, or crash tackle you... not intentionally anyway.

It's your choice whether you are willing to hear the good news or not, but don't go around bagging out NCS people because they are sharing their beliefs. Respect them...

And by the way.. I'm one of those "annoying NCS people" I don't care what people think, because i know what i believe in, and it's up to you whether you are open to Christianity and God. I'm not going to get on my high horse and say you should come along, because that's up to you. Your more than welcome though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)