no case studies=band4??? (1 Viewer)

shazabdazla

hi, i was just wondering if it is true that if you did not use a case study for section 4 you would immediately get a band 4???

i said, for employment relation, amp offers relationship counselling, child care, etc for employees.....but that's it in the whole report???? so i know i stuffed up, but do you really get a band four??? that's 70-79%!!!!!..........this is a joke!!

chris42

HSC
Yeah, I really don't know. For my trials I got 16/20 becasue i didn't write with a case study in mine, so the bored of studies will probally do something similar.

chris42

HSC
umm... It will probably add to your marks, anything consituting to look something like a case study will be a bonus to you. So yes :)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I think case studies were a pretty important part of the report, theres no way u could get like band 6 without referring to a case study/ies. I think your mention of AMP is worthy of at least a couple of marks, like at least you didn't not refer to anything at all, but I think you won't get band 6, I dunno about band 5, depends if your actual report was excellent or not! Meh I dunno, thats just wat I think, I barely referred to my case study for the ER bit, I just referred to it heaps in the managing change bit.

How come you only referred to that little bit anyway? If I had nothin to write for the case study, I would have just made up bullshit. Seriously they won't know if your thing is real or not, they just wanna see that you've demonstrated that you can apply "knowledge" of case studies.

But arghhh who case BS is over and done with. Just celebrate its over!! Yeep anyway enough of my bullcrap :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by shazabdazla
hi, i was just wondering if it is true that if you did not use a case study for section 4 you would immediately get a band 4???

i said, for employment relation, amp offers relationship counselling, child care, etc for employees.....but that's it in the whole report???? so i know i stuffed up, but do you really get a band four??? that's 70-79%!!!!!..........this is a joke!!
sorry to disappoint u gal, but u would get something around band 4.....if the content is exceptionalli good...maybe low band 5, but band 6 or high band 5 is defianteli out of the picture... the markers vary as well u must remmeber.... so some markers might not be harsh if u have really good content..

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i thought u went straight to 8 out of 20 max. i forgot to include case study so please i hope i am very wrong

PG5

HSC
i just made nething up... a bit harder for ER though
e.g. in 1992 recession Kellogs experienced a decline in their sales

shazabdazla

thats so unfair that ppl can lie and make up case studies.....i didnt even think of that cos i thought theyd check...thats really dodgy....so apart from really smart ppl who do know their stuff, the other ppl who lie and are 'enethical' will get better marks, get into uni, and be future business ppl....fck no wonder we have so much crap.....ok im just ranting and pissed off now that i didnt just make something up cos all my friends did....

ps do the examiners for biz have biz knowledge...cos they would start to notice if they were markin two essays which said different things about the same aspect....

um...yeh anyway i asked my teacher and he said its not necessarily true youll get band 4 max, could get higher if your essay is really good......

8/20? who told you that crazy brad??

PG5

HSC
well if you make it up you have less chance of getting the marks than someone who actually studied their case study/ies

my teacher is a marker and she has really good biz knowledge! so if she marks mine, i'd be stuffed.

PG5

HSC
is he a marker as well?

throughout the year my teacher kept referring to all these business case studies that she remembers from wayyyy back... so if you make it up, just hope it's the right info. or else markers will pick it up... unless ur lucky and they let ur one go.

shazabdazla

yeah, he has been a marker. i dont know if he is now....but you'd hope they all have business knowledge???................otherwise may as well get mommy and daddy to mark them!!!!!????

i thought you might get non serious attempt if they found out you made it up...or mark you down cos its wrong...but still i guess those ppl are showing that they read the rubric, arent they....DAMN...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by crazybrad
i thought u went straight to 8 out of 20 max. i forgot to include case study so please i hope i am v.ery wrong
hhaha i dont think its lyk htat
thats so unfair that ppl can lie and make up case studies.....i didnt even think of that cos i thought theyd check...thats really dodgy....so apart from really smart ppl who do know their stuff, the other ppl who lie and are 'enethical' will get better marks, get into uni, and be future business ppl....fck no wonder we have so much crap.....ok im just ranting and pissed off now that i didnt just make something up cos all my friends did....

ps do the examiners for biz have biz knowledge...cos they would start to notice if they were markin two essays which said different things about the same aspect....

um...yeh anyway i asked my teacher and he said its not necessarily true youll get band 4 max, could get higher if your essay is really good......

8/20? who told you that crazy brad??
some teachers can pick it up if its a fake biz or not...

and like ur teacher said shaza..it sorta depends on the teacher..... but like the range i said before sorta gives u an idea... my old biz teacher is da type who marks u servrli down if u dont have a case study..cuz he values it heapz, but my current teacher is more leanient... so try not to worry....

on another note.... how mani of u didnt do a global biz? cuz did a domestic biz? a lot of my friends did that, i dont think they will get marked down cuz the focus is employment... but i do think some teachers want a glbal biz nonethelss...wot do u think>?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
did it say to use a case study in the question???????
No, but it's a requirement in the rubric. Which shows that you must READ THE RUBRIC!! The BOS copped a lot of shit last year for deciding to not say directly in the question to refer to case studies, and my teacher reckons they're just gonna keep doing that now just coz everyone complained. Stupid BOS

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
my teacher reckons no case study no band 6 but if its good band 5 maybe

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A

i saw a response to sec IV in 2002 standard packages, it had NO CASTESTUDY at all! however that student had written very well for that question, like 11 pages of theory, i mean it was all relavent!

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
i know this teacher...she told me that they have to mark u on whatever u give in, even if that bus exists or not! cuz markers dont know all case studies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)