No OTTAWA Charter Question... (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

Did you realise that there was nothing about OTTAWA charter and the NPHA.. I was very suprised considering they had put it in the paper for the past 2 years papers..

eeyore

Yeah and I wasn't very happy because I spent so much time studying it!! I wanted an Ottawa Charter question on CVD!!

chris42

HSC
Yup.. But like I've said to anyone.. The Board of studies can do anything, and will do anything!

I'm not expecting any favours for SDD or IT.. The last 3 haven't been too good.. Maths a disaster.. Business no global and now pdhpe no Ottawa charter.. :(

holl

Cancer is a NHPA, but i wasnt predicting an ottawa this year since they had a huge 15 marker on it last year. I'm stoked cause i was actually predicting an alternative health care and learning environment question. I never thought rates of skill aquisition would pop up in the written part though, i thought that was strictly a multiple choice question.

FreAkay

Yeh there was an OTTAWA CHARTER QUESTION!!!!!!! the 15mark 1 was one is disguise :D.... it was on cancer it seems u all made a big mistake muhahaha more marks for me! u had to talk about government initiatives relating it to the ottawa charter (u could if u wanted)!!!! :D

holl

It wasnt directly Ottawa charter. It was the dot point on the first page of the core 1 syllbus. You had to have prevalance of the condition, cost to the community, cost to the individual, social justice principles, potential for change, priority population groups. But i also got onto health promotion in that question.

Rachel_999

yeah....not extra marks for you....ottawa wasnt really part of it....i agree with the last dude with the first dot point...deeerrrr fred haha

FreAkay

haha i was trying to scare yas all... But no really i did answer the question with reference to the ottawa charter :/ i already found out that i answered it sorta wrong from my teacher. But its ok because i made reference to the communities and individuals and government initiatives to help everyone! and i talked about prevelance of Lung cancer etc. so yeh! :D hoping for 5-7 marks outta 10 for that ... fingers crossed

FreAkay

Yeh that question in my mind was boarderline because, i was thinking of initiatives the government did to help people therefore with reference to the ottawa charter in my answer. Come to think of it i may do alright. Because (i cant quite remember it) it wasnt specific in a way... with what you had to answer it with i talked about prevelance from memory and related it all to the ottawa charter. So i hope i did alright... because i did answer the question and i refer to the question in my answering :/

warrior

cancer question said howcome it is a prioirity area. i mentioned the factors which determine the selection of priority areas eg social justice principles, incidence, how it affects different goups, cost to community, cost to indivdual, ability for change. As it meat all these charatceristics it could be a priority area

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
exactly what warrior said.

Priority areas not Ottawa, so u had to explain the concepts of how the priority areas are identified, talking specifically about cancer

parko :D

Scarlilly

OTTAWA

Hey,
I wasn't really that surprised that they didn't put an Ottawa Charter question in..I didn't think they would because they had for the past 2 years!! hehe... Overall I think the exam was harder than the previous papers though.. Oh well...ITS OVER.. YAY
:D

Brownie

you had to relate it to the ottawa charter because the whole point of cancer being a NPA is so that the principles of the Ottawa charter can be applied to it to influence change!my PD teacher said the ottawa charter had to be mentioned to get full marks...you cant look at cancer without appreciating how the enforcement of the ottawa charter impacts on the prevelence of cancer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)