• Got a question on how to use our new website? Check out our user guide here!

Normanhurst Boys Selective Entrance Exam 2019 (1 Viewer)

golden-touch

HSC
Hey Everyone!

So I'm trying out for Selective this year (Year 10) and I really want to get into Normanhurst Boys for 2020 (Year 11).

Can anyone help me out by telling me what will be in the exams? They have two exams, Maths and English. Is Maths 5.3? How hard is Maths? How can I prepare for it? Also, what is in the English Exam as I have NO IDEA!! :((

Also, which extracurriculars would make my application look strong?

Thanks in advance!!!

ahri

HSC
Yes maths will most definitely be 5.3. Not sure about the rest but I'm think it's run by the HAST and they may have some practice papers so it might worth while to check it out. No other way to prepare for maths other than making sure you know your year 10 content well. For extra curriculars have a good mixture of both sport and academics. Just include everything you can lol but ICAS, competitions, AMEB/music awards or CHS representative is always good.

golden-touch

HSC
Yes maths will most definitely be 5.3. Not sure about the rest but I'm think it's run by the HAST and they may have some practice papers so it might worth while to check it out. No other way to prepare for maths other than making sure you know your year 10 content well. For extra curriculars have a good mixture of both sport and academics. Just include everything you can lol but ICAS, competitions, AMEB/music awards or CHS representative is always good.
Thanks for your response. I was more worried about English as that is my weakest subject. Would you have more information on the English section of the exam, such as the type of questions, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)