Normanhurst Boys Selective Entrance Exam 2019 (1 Viewer)

golden-touch

HSC
Hey Everyone!

So I'm trying out for Selective this year (Year 10) and I really want to get into Normanhurst Boys for 2020 (Year 11).

Can anyone help me out by telling me what will be in the exams? They have two exams, Maths and English. Is Maths 5.3? How hard is Maths? How can I prepare for it? Also, what is in the English Exam as I have NO IDEA!! :((

Also, which extracurriculars would make my application look strong?

Thanks in advance!!!

ahri

HSC
Yes maths will most definitely be 5.3. Not sure about the rest but I'm think it's run by the HAST and they may have some practice papers so it might worth while to check it out. No other way to prepare for maths other than making sure you know your year 10 content well. For extra curriculars have a good mixture of both sport and academics. Just include everything you can lol but ICAS, competitions, AMEB/music awards or CHS representative is always good.

golden-touch

HSC
Yes maths will most definitely be 5.3. Not sure about the rest but I'm think it's run by the HAST and they may have some practice papers so it might worth while to check it out. No other way to prepare for maths other than making sure you know your year 10 content well. For extra curriculars have a good mixture of both sport and academics. Just include everything you can lol but ICAS, competitions, AMEB/music awards or CHS representative is always good.
Thanks for your response. I was more worried about English as that is my weakest subject. Would you have more information on the English section of the exam, such as the type of questions, etc.

HSC
How did you go btw? For math is the test mainly based on logic like HAST?
I had one of my friends get into Normo during Year 11, he told me that the exam is pretty different from the HAST. It was more of a typical test which tested much more normal stuff rather than general ability. Hope this helps!

beetree1

HSC
if u can, u should try out for syd boys too because they are more lenient with the amount of people they let in whereas normo are like we're not gonna accept u unless someone leaves ya feel

beetree1

HSC
lol, it already past so he is already in year 11. Hey, is it worth to go to Sydney Boys because i am currently in year ten?
what do u mean by its already past? u can transfer anytime before year 12. but i think if you are willing to put up with their compulsory sport bc i have heard that their teaching facility isn't bad and their school rank is pretty good

beetree1

HSC
According what you said, are you saying to Golden-Touch? He posted this last year when he was year ten. There is no such as year 12 entry in any selective high schools. Well, I am a quite elite athlete so I want to try out for Sydney Boys. Of course their rank is always in top ten then how their teaching facility is not bad when they are in top ten and playing sport very competitive.
didnt he say hes in year 10 lol ??

beetree1

HSC
According what you said, are you saying to Golden-Touch? He posted this last year when he was year ten. There is no such as year 12 entry in any selective high schools. Well, I am a quite elite athlete so I want to try out for Sydney Boys. Of course their rank is always in top ten then how their teaching facility is not bad when they are in top ten and playing sport very competitive.
aightt ur last sentence put me off sorry please fix grammar x

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Yeah, actually have to take your side here beetree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)