North Sydney boys or Sydney boys (1 Viewer)

Sydney boys or North Sydney boys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yourdongletoggler

HSC
Dilemma: I have been offered a place in the yr11 2019 cohort of both Sydney boys high school and north Sydney boys highschool

Background info:
- Yr10 currently at Sydney Technical Highschool
- overall ranked 4th
- have mates at both school
- live equal distance away from both bascially (5mins extra for north)
- play sports at chs ... if that makes a difference

Aspirations: Either into medical field or business/engineering

Question: I have No idea which school would be the most benifical for me, as on one hand syd boys after graduation will provide more connections and such but nsb would provide a better senior school education? Please tell me if I am wrong :) and help me decided with reason for and against Much appreciated :)

Last edited:

c8

HSC
i think that you might find sydney boys a good fit because you play sports and sport is a pretty big thing at SB and they do like saturday sports and they take it seriously. however, you seem more interested in the benefits the quality of education you will get at each school and less in sports. both schools are similar and seem to trade rankings in different things often so i cant really say one is better than the other so i believe that whatever you choose, you will be able to adapt to either. i would go with your gut and since you have friends at both, you should definitely ask them any questions you have that might change your mind for one of the schools. but good luck for whatever school you do end up choosing!

Yourdongletoggler

HSC
i think that you might find sydney boys a good fit because you play sports and sport is a pretty big thing at SB and they do like saturday sports and they take it seriously. however, you seem more interested in the benefits the quality of education you will get at each school and less in sports. both schools are similar and seem to trade rankings in different things often so i cant really say one is better than the other so i believe that whatever you choose, you will be able to adapt to either. i would go with your gut and since you have friends at both, you should definitely ask them any questions you have that might change your mind for one of the schools. but good luck for whatever school you do end up choosing!
Cheers for the reply, yep the consideration is there for both aspects but how bout the ranking within the school itself. Wouldn’t it be more ecompetivite at NSB therefore resulting in a lower rank?

Yourdongletoggler

HSC
i reckon nsb
the sports aspect of syd boys you may be prefer but since you already do sports outside of school it seems excessive, nsb is better for ranking (3rd), educational aspect and you can probs do sports there too and be topping in terms of sports whereas in syd boys there are already many people who are good at sports
Wouldn’t nsb be more competitive due to its higher ranking therefore resulting in me getting a lower rank?

Yourdongletoggler

HSC
POLL: Sydney boys or North sydney boys (senior school)

Just wants to see everyone’s view in terms of not just atar but other aspects. Mostly environment and nature of graduates :).

blyatman

HSC
N/A
What do you mean when you say Syd Boys will provide more connections after graduation?

Also, while you may get a lower rank at NSB, keep in mind that those ranked above you will likely perform better, so in the end it balances out. Otherwise, it'd make no sense to go to James Ruse where you'd face significant competition, as opposed to coming first in some school that was ranked in the 500s.

I'd say NSB from the educational aspect alone.

ahri

HSC
If you play sport at such a high level it would be good to meet more like minded people since sports is such an integral aspect of sb. However, the academic aspect will obviously be better at nsb. I honestly believe you should go to whichever one you have more friends at. Both are pretty good schools, nsb being slightly better whilst the culture at sb might be more fitting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)