NORTH SYDNEY GIRLS and HORNSBY GIRLS entrance exam! (1 Viewer)

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
LOLA!!!! said:
Did anyone do it? what did you think of it?
I applied for NSGH but apparently you've got to be a girl to get in. :pain: (Me and the examiner when they wouldn't let me in the hall)

XShiv

HSC
Wassup? said:
I applied for NSGH but apparently you've got to be a girl to get in. :pain: (Me and the examiner when they wouldn't let me in the hall)
LMAO!

That is all.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
come to NSG!
i wouldn't think the entrance exam for y11 is that hard, srsly.

XShiv

HSC
They used ACER HAST right?

Yeah I sat it at Girraween High School.
I Think it was pretty straight foward, although i felt a bit presured on time.
All up i think i performed fairly well =]

Last edited:

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
It was hard.Especially the english.The maths was actually science:p.

XShiv

HSC
LOLA!!!! said:
It was hard.Especially the english.The maths was actually science:p.
Yeah alot of people were saying english was challenging.
lol well yes to some extent.

Your test covered both North sydney and Hornsby Girls right?
So did u apply for both those schools?

:)

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
Yeah same test.Like if you were applying for both north syd and hornsby you would do the test at north syd but if you were just applying for hornsby you would do it at hornsby.I just tried out for North syd because hornsby is too far.
I doubt i would get in though cause there were 70 people trying out at north syd alone.

XShiv

HSC
LOLA!!!! said:
Yeah same test.Like if you were applying for both north syd and hornsby you would do the test at north syd but if you were just applying for hornsby you would do it at hornsby.I just tried out for North syd because hornsby is too far.
I doubt i would get in though cause there were 70 people trying out at north syd alone.
Well 70 people isnt that much really.
Im guessing NSG offers about 20 or so new spots for yr11.
Its all very realative to how others applying performed and how your Acedemic record is etc.

good luck :]

suzlee

HSC
I was there yesterday! I was shocked at the number of people who came when I first got there... I went into the exam with a very bad feeling :( Was it about three full classrooms? I'm sure it was over 100 people.

English was unbelievably hard :eek: I didn't know if it was just me, but now I know many of them found it challenging.. Seriously, I'd be lucky if I got half of those forty questions right.

Maths was actually quite okay. Wasn't so mathematical as I expected, more like an IQ test or something. Those circuit ones were weird though! Two of the choices were very similar and I just took a guess.

The written expressions were okay too. Did you guys write in essay format for the first one (influence of technology on society) and a creative writing for the second one (a picture of lightning)?

OH and you guys read the peach-coloured letter that said a calculator wasn't required, right? Well I had brought mine just in case, and we were actually allowed to use it, it was just that it wasn't NECESSARY to use one. I was lucky! It came in handy for that wine fermentation question in maths.

suzlee

HSC
so you did all that 0.336x0.8 (or whatever it was..) through mental arithmetic?!

XShiv

HSC
suzlee said:
The written expressions were okay too. Did you guys write in essay format for the first one (influence of technology on society) and a creative writing for the second one (a picture of lightning)?

OH and you guys read the peach-coloured letter that said a calculator wasn't required, right? Well I had brought mine just in case, and we were actually allowed to use it, it was just that it wasn't NECESSARY to use one. I was lucky! It came in handy for that wine fermentation question in maths.
To the First bit, yes i did exactly that! :uhhuh:

Peach coloured letter?
FYI: I was at Girraween High School, if that helps.

God i had my calculator in my bag the whole time, i was under the impression that we wernt allowed to use it!:burn:
Your right it would have really helped for that wine fermentation question.

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
What did you guys do for the first passage when it asked for the writers attitude towards the text?i did spiritual but i reckon that was wrong.

suzlee

HSC
ARGH this quote thing keeps stuffing up! About the peach coloured letter (to Shiv)

Oh it was addressed to me from NSGH so maybe you didn't get it. It was like an introductory sheet for HAST that explained the components and necessary equipment... which also mentioned that a calculator isn't required.

Um for the wine question, did you say it was 1.02? I got something like 1.018 on the calculator so I rounded it up. Oh GOD please let me at least have got that right!!!

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
Yes i got that.but you didnt need a calculator for that because the answers were very differant.i just worked it out mentally.

suzlee

HSC
LOLA!!!! said:
What did you guys do for the first passage when it asked for the writers attitude towards the text?i did spiritual but i reckon that was wrong.
Oh yeah the first question put me off so much;
They all sounded just about the same ... I did 'elevation of the spiritual over the material'. That was my best guess :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)