• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Not doing so well in some subjects (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
So I recently failed (i.e. not pass) 2 chemistry assessment tasks and 1 physics tasks. The physics tasks and one of the chemistry task (Mid year exam) had quite a lot of people who didn't pass, but the other chemistry task had many passes/high marks and I just screwed that up completely (i got ~45%). I believe I'm averaging 70% for physics and 60/65% for chemistry so far.

My ranking for IPT and English Standard are quite good, and maths 2U and 3U are decent.
How badly will these 2 subjects affect my ATAR? I'm aiming for at least 89. Also, if I don't do well in high scaling subjects, will it scale me down or will there just be no high scaling effect for me?

Cheers.

RyanT7

HSC
So I recently failed (i.e. not pass) 2 chemistry assessment tasks and 1 physics tasks. The physics tasks and one of the chemistry task (Mid year exam) had quite a lot of people who didn't pass, but the other chemistry task had many passes/high marks and I just screwed that up completely (i got ~45%). I believe I'm averaging 70% for physics and 60/65% for chemistry so far.

My ranking for IPT and English Standard are quite good, and maths 2U and 3U are decent.
How badly will these 2 subjects affect my ATAR? I'm aiming for at least 89. Also, if I don't do well in high scaling subjects, will it scale me down or will there just be no high scaling effect for me?

Cheers.
If you don't get at least a hsc mark of 80 in Physics / Chem, there is a chance that you would be scaled down. But 80 is pretty manageable if you set your mind to it, but if you want to get a 89 atar, you would be wanting to get about a mid band 5 for those subjects. If you can provide me with your ranks, id be able to give you a better answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)