Not getting 3U Maths SR with 100 overall? (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
So for Maths Extension 1 (3U), I got 100 in internal, 99 in external and 100 overall. Apparently, according to friends I've talked to, a lot of people this year have got 100 / 100 / 100 (i.e. 100 in internal, external and overall). And usually 10 people only get SR for 3U.

So does this mean people like me who got 100 overall won't get SR?

Thoughts, people?

Have you ever heard of students getting 100 overall and then not getting SR?

Last edited:

SilentWaters

HSC
Re: Not gettin SR with 100 overall

In my opinion, the SR list will tell. A lot of people are having the same problem with marks in the 98-100 range without any indication of an SR.

iStudent

HSC
Re: Not getting SR with 100 overall?

I've seen a guy with 100 mx1 get no state rank on this forums (he was tutoring or something). It's possible

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends if your on the low side or high side of the rounding?

photastic

HSC
They compare you to extension 2 results as well. I know a kid got 100 for both exam and assessment marks with no state rank.

esaitchkay

HSC
Congrats on the 100, mreditor! Well deserved :) Whilst I can't offer any advice on the 100 SR situation, I guess all we can do is wait a couple hours eh.

mreditor16

HSC
Congrats on the 100, mreditor! Well deserved :) Whilst I can't offer any advice on the 100 SR situation, I guess all we can do is wait a couple hours eh.
Yeh that seems the only option. Thanks man!

astab

HSC
N/A
Hey!

Great job on your marks today. I think we can confidently say that you'll get 99.9+ tomorrow.

I read your economics guide. Great job again to get 99 external when you're in year 11 and manage a state rank. It was good to have that extra bit of advice from somebody who has performed exceptionally well since my school doesn't perform that well at economics.

Clearly your maths wasn't a problem. In fact, I wanted to ask you how you studied for maths. I'm trying to play the 'scaling game' where i devote more time and effort to economics, english and biology and go easy on extension 2 maths in particular. But yeah how did you manage to perform so well? Did you firstly learn the content and then do many practice questions? When did you start doing past papers and how did you learn and master more difficult concepts?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your tertiary education aspirations? You're in good stead for doing pretty much anything with these marks!

Thanks heaps again!

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)