Notes and resources for the HSC online (1 Viewer)

Which site has better resource and notes layout for downloading?

• Bored of Studies - HSC KiDz [online] - [url=http://hsc.ozlpn.com/view.php?course=13]physics page[/ur

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • HSCStuff - [url=http://www.fap.com.au/joel/site/new/hscsci.shtml#phys]physics page[/url]

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnothman

dismember
HSC
Please tell us how resources should be displayed for ease of use and knowing what to get online.

fatmuscle

HSC
Joel,

if you think our site is that bad, stop using our forums, use your own.
Stop crying over little things. We're doing this to help others.
You had your way of doing it, this is ours.

im jess

oh does it really matter whos is better..... im not going to vote cause i find them both the same.... the have notes which i need and im grateful for it..... from my pont of view, its not a competition whos site is better..... they both do they same thing..... help us hsc go-ers with whatever we need help with.....

Striker

i second "im jess's" notion. does it matter which is better? as long as it provides the material students need, then it's good! and if you were doing that subject, would you wanna checkout all the material, either notes, trial papers, etc? all of it helps!

i think your just being a pain the the ass! stop complaining! i bet you've used material from this site! you should be thanking them for this site instead of telling them how to run it!

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
Joel,

if you think our site is that bad, stop using our forums, use your own.
Stop crying over little things. We're doing this to help others.
You had your way of doing it, this is ours.
I second that.

Joel - I thought you would be more mature than this - obviously not. Everyone is trying to do their best to help and bitching about how these guys prefer do their job [ie Mark, Ian, James and Tim] isn't going to get you anywhere.

I love all you guys for helping everyone out even though you're in uni, but bitching about how one site is better or worse than the other is just stupid. Everyone is just trying their bit to help.

jnothman

dismember
HSC
You are all completely misunderstanding me, and while I can see why you may do so, I'm really disappointed for not taking it at what I mean to be.

I am not trying to show any superiority, though I do think that the method by which bored of studies is showing notes is lacking in description and structure, and will become too complex when more is added.

I was not asking about site looks and design; I agree hscstuff looks crap, and that PHP and the bored of studies look is a great enhanchement on HTML look of hscstuff. That was not the issue.

I am planning and in the process of trying to ship hscstuff notes to bored of studies, and to cancel the existene of hscstuff, as you can see therefore it's not about superiority.

Ian, you wouldn't have a clue because you've only spoken and replied to me in your own superioristic (if that's a word) sense. You have not yet responded sensibly.

While I hope to see the sites merged in the near future - or more hopefully in the near past, but that won't happen - I don't think they are currently compatible. The information that is on hscstuff can not be put onto bored of studies atm, due to the lack of information and structure shown on bos resources pages.

I am seriously posing this question, so that we can try and improve bos together, not as opposition. I am not trying to oppose, I am trying to improve for the common good.

While I understand the poll was a bad way of posing this, I couldn't find any better that would allow people to compare in order to suggest. The nature of a poll, though, is that the question needs absolute terms of "best" for it to be a poll. The system is flawed, I'm sorry.

But I think it is you who are being immature and foolish to think that I was aiming to be so capitalistic and stuck up.

I'm really upset at you.

Thanks for your confidence.

- Joel

Lee

i really have no idea what went on there and i'm still not sure what you ar etrying to ask in your poll..i'm confused..if you want to add to bos or merge your stuff to it, why is it difficult?something to do with structure or something?

i think everyone who has contributed to helping hsc students ANYWHERE is doing a great job and yes, hopefully there will be a one stop place where everything will be at our fingertips:)

fatmuscle

HSC
I hate reading long posts, but I agree that we do lack in detail about notes, etc...

If you had chosen ur ENGLISH page, then there would've been no questions asked. Your english page is much better than ours.
Very easy for people to find what they want, etc...

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
everyone starts small, but is able to shine their own light within time...

this place needs time to grow. don't go bashing it for whatever reason you may have. I reckon in time, it'll outshine alot of HSC resource sites out there, because this site is very promising indeed...

jnothman

dismember
HSC
See that's the point. I'm not bashing, and I yet I think that it should have active improvement from the authors before it tries to get time under its wings. While it may be a good resource, it can be better, and I have a feeling the authors have made something quite concrete which, while that is brilliant, leaves little space for improvement and making a useful online resource, or at least they don't seem to be showing any activity towards change of style from the rigidity and lack-of-ease of their current layout.

Everyone involved in software development knows they must start with requirements definition. Either the authors here have assumed this stage would happen by itself, or had forgotten much about ease of resource access and the different types of resources they would be receiving, and I think this is an important fault that should be recognised and resolved before the site is fully fledged, such that it can be put to full purpose, and used to full advantage of students in need.

- Joel

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
I'm still not buying it 100%, because of the way you started this thread

just remember next time, if you don't want people to misunderstand you, word it in a way which they won't! otherwise people will call you a weasel when you try to make up for that mistake. and as you can tell, some people still aren't buying it either

jnothman

dismember
HSC
Hi nu:

- While I did it in anger and frustration, I did not do it for the sake of negative impact towards the new site.

- I was angry with the makers of the site who still have not heeded to my very significant and important suggestions, though the 2 vocal of the 4 maintainers have acknowledged and basically agreed with the inadequacies of their site.

- In no way was I intending it as a way for more people to come to my site, since I don't want people coming to my site if there is an active alternative while mine is static. In fact in a few minutes I am putting up a sign indicating hscstuff's closure as BOS takes over.

- My message was put up in bad rhetoric and possibly fury, but only at the inactivity of the authors of BOS, and I could understand how I could be misinterpreted. I don't see why I was misinterpreted and so easily hated by my friends, or why people can't make up opinions on their own rather than following previous responses so much.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I reckon Joels was heaps good.
I use to use it before i found out about this site.

The only difference is the layout; this one looks professional.
But i have this weird suspicion that some of the notes from this page are the same on Joels site.

Nelly

I thought Joel was in Israel for a year???

Meanwhile, I thought you were both working on the same team, because you both have links to each other's sites'. hscstuff.cjb.net no longer exists (I can't get to it).

I think with all your powers combined (Laz, Fatmuscle, Joel) you can make captain....online HSC notes'n'stuff.

blake

I reckon Bored of studies is great! Well done on the good work. Only bad thing is there isnt any trial papers for 2u religion :((

jnothman

dismember
HSC
While I'm still not so sure about structure, well done to BOS on making a usable resource section, now adding most of hscstuff's content to it (I think!).

Yes, at the moment, hscstuff is down. I'm yet to find out the details of whether its address will go up again (at least if for the sake of my personal web site and not hscstuff).

So I wish all the best to the BOS staff in trying to take over this difficult job of helping all the HSC students of 2002.

Now in retirement,

- Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)