O Week (again) (1 Viewer)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Hiya,

I've decided that I'm going to attend O Week (I know a few people that have decided not to for some reason or another), and according to the Orientation guide I have information sessions/other stuff on Thursday and Friday.

Do I only attend these days? I'm assuming that there is nothing 'on' that hasn't been advertised, and so it would be pointless for me to attend Monday-Wednesday.

Thanks

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
You only attend the days you need to. Thursday is also good since it's Clubs and Societies day. You can join a club at uni.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If it was right across the road I might go check it out but because it's an hour and a half each way it's a pretty big waste of time. I really don't think I would get anything out of the information sessions.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Unless you're doing Law in which case you get congratulated for being so smart and get given your subject outlines.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Im going tuesday and depending how that day is (and im not working) i may make an appearance on wednesday, and if im not working on thursday i may go with friends, very exciting i still want my timetable :(

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Yeah, I'm only going Thursday, and possibly Friday.
There's an information thing on Thursday, but the main reason I'm going is because I'm a nerd and want to check out the clubs and stuff. Yeehaw.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
commerce doesnt release what preference you have been allocated until the 18th of feb

Aussiechick

HSC
I'm only going on tuesday (arts info sessions) and thursday cuz thats when all the general sessions seem to be on. Should be fun... I hope

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
I'm going on Tuesday and Thursday as well.
Should be okay, are people going to be wearing those purple alien shirts again?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Tenille said:
commerce doesnt release what preference you have been allocated until the 18th of feb
I know exactly what preferences I'm getting for commerce, mostly because I made myself unavailable to all the other preferences I didn't want by lying about what days and times I can turn up to. :D

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
arts today i saw someone i didnt want to see so i turned and walked the other day. the end

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Well I got there at 2:15, one of the purple-shirt guys told me that the Arts Info Session was a typo and shouldnt be there... So I strolled around for an hour or so, before being told to go to the lecture room, and listening to the last 10 mins of it :/

Nothing exciting today... Boring... No one to talk to :( I was like the biggest loner there. At least I met wit some friends and played pool lol $2 wtf!?

And yeh... what did I miss out on anyway in the lecture?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Tenille said:
arts today i saw someone i didnt want to see so i turned and walked the other day. the end
And that's very much the life of university. You know whats better, you'll probably never see that person ever again. But there tends to be a weird reversal where there's one person who you don't know but will continually run into until it gets to the point where you just nod and smile at each other because you know that you'd have nothing to talk about but it'd just be rude to ignore each other.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Fungrys said:
Well I got there at 2:15, one of the purple-shirt guys told me that the Arts Info Session was a typo and shouldnt be there... So I strolled around for an hour or so, before being told to go to the lecture room, and listening to the last 10 mins of it :/

Nothing exciting today... Boring... No one to talk to :( I was like the biggest loner there. At least I met wit some friends and played pool lol $2 wtf!?

And yeh... what did I miss out on anyway in the lecture?
Arts orientation- nothing at all... except that uow has a libary, oh yay, go to the library.... get a job.... study.... go overseas...

Really, it was pretty pointless....

And I don't even go to UOW :p

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Is today really necessary? It's just the university welcome and then sports/club day - Tuesday was a complete waste of time so I'm gathering that today will also be a waste of time. Is today the only opportunity to sign up for clubs/sports? Besides I do not want a repeat of the lonliness I felt on Tuesday! Why does it seem that everyone knows atleast one other person?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
pam17 said:
Is today the only opportunity to sign up for clubs/sports? Besides I do not want a repeat of the lonliness I felt on Tuesday! Why does it seem that everyone knows atleast one other person?
I think there are other oppotunities to sign up for clubs and sports sometime next week, and the university welcome isn't very important, I went last year and was kind of bored.

And as for the loner thing, I know EXACTLY how u feel, there first few weeks of uni were excruciating because everyone seemed know someone....I felt like the only person eating lunch alone or sitting in class alone etc etc. It gets better, you make aquantainces and then eventually you find some friends (group work is an awesome way to make friends....so is sitting in class making fun of your exceedinglu under-qualified tutor).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)