o week (1 Viewer)

hey is o week important?
can i not go?
and about all these falculty welcomes, are they important???
please reply fast!

Fi

From wat i've heard u don't have to go. But why wouldn't u??, u'll get the chance to meet new people and learn more about ur course. Nearly every Uni student recommends it.

So if u can make it, come along!:D

timmii

sporadic attendee
Why would you not be going? Though ours does look slightly less cool than unsw's... :(

Looks like i'm going tuesday, wednesday and thursday :rolleyes: oh well - thats overenthusiasm for you :D Not to mention court today as well....its like i'm already at uni :p

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Why would you not be going? Though ours does look slightly less cool than unsw's... :(

Looks like i'm going tuesday, wednesday and thursday :rolleyes: oh well - thats overenthusiasm for you :D Not to mention court today as well....its like i'm already at uni :p
Our o-week was fun, I went Mon-Fri :D.

What's the difference between them? I thought they were much the same.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I found my O day pretty worthless in terms of getting information, but if you haven't gotton everything you need for your course (course manuals and timetable sor anything like that you need...) then O Day is the best time to go to get them-chasing it up during the semester will be a huge pain. Also-if you haven't 'done your homework" and know about your course and whats expected and all that sorta stuff, then it's probably a good idea to go too-so you turn up on the first day knowing what you are supposed to be doing!
Everything can be done another time, so if you legitimately can't make it, it's no big deal...but I think it's a good idea to go along if you can. I found all the lectures and stuff pretty much a waste cos I'd already read up on my course on the net and stuff, but I met some new people on the day, and I started to get a feel of the UNI, and it set my mind at ease a bit.

B

Bambul

O Day? Ahh, you must go to UTS! :)

And technically UNSW O Week is only Tue-Fri, Monday is the Commerce and Economics Faulty Welcom Day. But since so many people turn up and some yellow shirts are there to give tours it gives off the impression that O Week starts on Monday.

Since there are welcomes for rural and international students into the previous week, the start of O Week is kinda of like the start of WWII, some say it is in Decemeber 1941 when USA comes in, others say when Japan attacks Manchuria in the early 1930's, or even that it began when WWI began. But most say 1939, just as most say O Week begins on the Tuesday.

Anyway, O Week isn't for 1st years, it's for the O Week volunteers. The 1st years are there purely for atmosphere, just like the fans at football games are just atmosphere for the corporate boxes! :rolleyes:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
hehehe, ours was really cool, wasn't it ...

BTW: yes, I am stalking this thread ...

Originally posted by Bambul
Anyway, O Week isn't for 1st years, it's for the O Week volunteers. The 1st years are there purely for atmosphere, just like the fans at football games are just atmosphere for the corporate boxes! :rolleyes:
That was so true, all of the yellow shirts seemed to be having far more fun than us timid first years ...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
O Day? Ahh, you must go to UTS! :)

No, I go to Sydney UNI...but I'm at one of the smaller campuses, so I have a different orientation schedule. And since it's a lot smaller-they can fit all the first years in on the one day, instead of having to spread it over a week. So it's just "O Day" for us. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)