O-Week (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't think we have an O week like other unis do.

Instead, theres a day and a time, where you go to your home campus, and split into your related courses and you get the guided tour of where everything is. But there should be more info on the website later.

Although, if you live on campus, its probably different.

I never went to O week / O day - whatever you want to call it. Apparently didn't miss out on much.

Super_Flyse

HSC
Cape said:

Instead, theres a day and a time, where you go to your home campus, and split into your related courses and you get the guided tour of where everything is. But there should be more info on the website later.

I never went to O week / O day - whatever you want to call it. Apparently didn't miss out on much.
From memory last year at Hawkesbury it included: BBQ, inflatable maze thingy and little stall things with a sign that said "FREE Stuff"...
I think that was about year.

But that was Hawkesbury, i think the other campus have more stuff... Though, that inflatable maze thing was cool... Though, maze isn't the word... Either way... Still cool...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Cape said:

actually its one of the memorable days of UWS...

klh

HSC
er we have a o-day, not o-week i think...
yeah its a BBQ, jumping castle, free stuff [from uwsconnect], and like flyers with info about sports/events, and other clubs/associations/whatever...nice day. yes, its on different days of the week on differnt campuses, unless oyu have 2 campuses ytou enrolled or you feel like going to another campus on your off day to join in the fun. I remeber at the end of the day like these poeple took like 5 of those showbags coz there was way too much bags and not alot of poeple taking them.

course orietnation sorta differnt to this, its liek before semester starts, like on enrolment day you do this rights? bah, ive forgotten already...

Super_Flyse

HSC
klh said:
er we have a o-day, not o-week i think...
yeah its a BBQ, jumping castle, free stuff [from uwsconnect], and like flyers with info about sports/events, and other clubs/associations/whatever...nice day. yes, its on different days of the week on differnt campuses, unless oyu have 2 campuses ytou enrolled or you feel like going to another campus on your off day to join in the fun. I remeber at the end of the day like these poeple took like 5 of those showbags coz there was way too much bags and not alot of poeple taking them.

course orietnation sorta differnt to this, its liek before semester starts, like on enrolment day you do this rights? bah, ive forgotten already...
Enrollment is on the werrington campus and there is course orientation on another day at your home campus, a week or two before the start of the semester.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
James last year O days were in late Feburary so you wil be back :)

Key Dates for 2005
23-25 February: Orientation days. Check your orientation timetable for the dates at your home campus.

So i'd assume they'd be around the same time

Dates for enrollment:
(I assume you are still doing the same as me):
Law - 705675 / 705680 2571 Bachelor of Laws (Combined Studies - Arts, Communication and Social Sciences) FT Assoc. Prof. Mac Collings Monday 6 February 11am

Do we have to do that for social science as well?
Social Science:
706850 4598 Bachelor of Social Work FT Dr Natalie Bolzan Tuesday 7 February 12noon
706875 4503 Bachelor of Social Science FT Sharyn McGee
- Bankstown campus students with surnames A - K Thursday 2 February 3pm
- Bankstown campus students with surnames L - Z Wednesday 8 February 2pm
706925 4503 Bachelor of Social Science FT Sharyn McGee
- Penrith campus students with surnames A - K Thursday 2 February 10am
- Penrith campus students with surnames L - Z Wednesday 8 February 10am

This may also be of interest

I am unable to attend an Enrolment session
If you are unable to attend an enrolment session between January 30 and February 10, 2006 you will still need to attend an enrolment session during the late enrolling period between February 20 - 24. You need to understand that by not enrolling as required in your designated session you will not have direct access to academic staff and you may not get the class times you wanted as Tutorial Registration opens the week before late enrolment.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)